Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo / PTA filming  

Deadline updated their article = filming will begin  THIS year not January 21st 

Either way = I’m just glad Leo is doing a film this year , working with Anderson , and glad it’s not Vineland 

56 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Leo / PTA filming  

Deadline updated their article = filming will begin  THIS year not January 21st 

Either way = I’m just glad Leo is doing a film this year , working with Anderson , and glad it’s not Vineland 

Me too, to be quite honest I haven't understood anything from that novel summary 🤣🤣. And this new movie seems to be set in "modern" times.

Now the Leo SAG snub is even more offensive.

DGA Nominees: Gerwig, Scorsese, Lanthimos, Payne and Nolan.

Now it’s the Directors Guild of America’s turn to announce its batch of nominees. They just came down the wire:

Christopher Nolan (Oppenheimer)
Martin Scorsese (Killers of the Flower Moon)
Greta Gerwig (Barbie)
Yorgos Lanthimos (Poor Things)
Alexander Payne (The Holdovers)

This has got to hurt Bradley Cooper (“Maestro”) the most. If there’s one big snub here it’s him. Some were predicting he’d show up as a DGA nominee, but I never bought it — his film has become too divisive.

However, some good news for Cooper it rarely happens that all five directors nominated by the DGA go on to also nab a Best Director Oscar nom. Don’t get me wrong, it’s happened before, last time in 2010, but usually one falls through the cracks — this year, if it happens, it’ll either be Payne or Gerwig.

One look at the major snubs and any one of these could end up as the #5 come Oscar nominations morning: Celine Song (Past Lives), Bradley Cooper (Maestro), Justine Triet (Anatomy of A Fall), and Jonathan Glazer (The Zone of Interest).

Out of this year’s nominees, only Scorsese has previously won the DGA or the Academy Award for Best Director, for 2006’s “The Departed.” I don’t think he’ll win again this time around, it’s probably Nolan’s to lose.

The DGA Awards take place on February 10.

I also have to post this because one of the writers of laineygossip called Leo hot - with some restraints but still this is epic for them 😅

Leonardo DiCaprio is wearing his hair longer than usual right now and it’s kind of giving hot? (Lainey is yelling at me right now lol.) Leo looks great with long hair and great with short hair (he was never hotter than in The Departed, that’s science) but he insists on wearing it mid-length. Alternatively, he looks the same as always but seems hotter because he is genuinely showing up for Lily Gladstone at every turn and while it’s what good coworkers do, not a lot of men in his position do it. Source

Leo waving in slomo (maybe it's time for a Zach Snyder collaboration? I'm only half serious lol)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C10_U7ar4wI/

22 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Screenshot2024-01-10at16-17-20SAGAwards(@sagawards)Instagram-Fotosund-Videos.thumb.png.7fa4ca409be8079f4d3882ca6a91c0af.png

So I watched RUSTIN last night (purely for curiosity because SAG decided to choose Domingo over Leo). I don't know what to say but it must be some kind of joke. I mean yes it matched almost every possible award friendly performance boxes

biopic (check ✔️)

prosthetics  (check ✔️)

lots of black heros  (check ✔️)

lots of gays  (check ✔️)

lots of evil white people  (check ✔️)

lots of violence against black people (check ✔️)

lots of violence against gay people (check ✔️)

lots of big showy speeches (check ✔️)

lots of teary painful staring because of the injustice in this world  (check ✔️)

and I mean it's hard NOT TO sympathize with a black, gay man who is fighting not only for his right to live his life however the fuck he wants

3a59ef45d3c0e46b3a6df4c93513eee024dcff98

ec616384c538fcbf7ef16a29970726583ae91c82

f386eceb79062d10c228708f70527f4d8f87770e

but also fighting for the rights of black people with the biggest peaceful protest marsh in US history but I don't know - the whole movie felt kinda flat and heartless to me even though the historical topic and his main character Rustin wasn't per se. For Colmans performance yes it was easily the best about the whole movie (he actually was kinda funny and at points even stirring) but he had zero chemistry with any of his co stars so everything about his troubled personal life felt kinda blah to me. I also had the feeling I watched a story I already watched a dozens times before like some sort of painting (or in this case film making) after numbers. There was nothing really impressive or fresh or original what let me said "oh yes this really made the movie special for me". It was all kinda forgettable and I had some trouble to stay focused for those almost 120 minutes.

In short: For me this is clearly the "weakest" oscar performance I have seen so far of all contenders this year. Sorry Colman.

Leo is being called ugly by this dude and Lily is not having it:😄

Leo even though not as good looking with his Ernest hair and prosthetics in KOTFM is still more handsome than that guy to be honest.🤭

13 minutes ago, akatosh said:

Leo is being called ugly by this dude and Lily is not having it:😄

Leo even though not as good looking with his Ernest hair and prosthetics in KOTFM is still more handsome than that guy to be honest.🤭

Does he have any mirror at home or should we buy him one?

The Best Cinematography of 2023?

The American Society of Cinematographers, the most prestigious awards body of its kind, announced its nominees for the 38th ASC Awards:

Edward Lachman – “El Conde”
Matthew Libatique – “Maestro”
Rodrigo Prieto – “Killers of the Flower Moon”
Robbie Ryan – “Poor Things”
Hoyte van Hoytema –“Oppenheimer”

39 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Fingers crossed for Leo and everything KOTFM 🤞

1182f1a3b306618c46a87960d6764ca8.gif

Same! I hope everybody voting for oscar nominations saw Leo being snubbed at the SAG awards and they hopefully will put him high on their nomination list so he doesn’t get snubbed again. 🙏 I want him to be at the oscars so much.

^ It would be great seeing Leo film asap. Then we might get a late 2024 release maybe? :thumbsup: We need our yearly Leo movie.

Very sweet words about Leo towards the end of her speech🥰