Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Those people host from talks shows... :yuckky: If the actor/actress don't play to be clown or laugh of his every jokes, they will say sh*t of them and makes comments like "he was the worse guests I had"... Example: Jon stewart with Hugh grant.

I guess the same happens here. We know that Leo first and ONLY interview with Letterman wasn't the best, partly because of Letterman, and Leo refused to go back (who blames him) But At least they should reserve their bitterness for themself. I don't read about any of this actors bad-mouthing about them.

Hey girls. I'm new here.

I just think this seems like a great place to hang if you adore "The Golden Man" :gocho: . Been a proud fan of his for over 10 years. Can't wait to see him as the evil Calvin Candie.

Just found this on twitter. Looks like Leo is gonna be at the press junket :ddr:

Film Fatale @FilmFatale_NYC

YASS!! Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio will be at Django junket this weekend. There's a scene in the movie I must ask him about

Welcome Candie :flower:

OmG I love the comments from that tweet you posted... :ddr:

The Movie Waffler ‏@moviewaffle

@FilmFatale_NYC I'd like to ask him about the entire damn movie. Why? Just, WHY???

Film Fatale ‏@FilmFatale_NYC

@moviewaffle really? It's a great performance. Might land DiCaprio that Oscar they've been way overdue in awarding him

@FilmFatale_NYC It's not his performance I have a problem with, it's the whole movie

Film Fatale ‏@FilmFatale_NYC

@moviewaffle it's causing some controversy.

@FilmFatale_NYC Excluding my own, I haven't read one negative review

Thanks Candie! that's great news.

The thing about Letterman is, i love that interview when Leo was on Letterman - sure, Letterman interrupted Leo a couple times but I thought it was a funny interview and Leo was charming as hell. Also, if Letterman has anything aganst Leo, it probably is due to that Leo hasn't been back on his show and he takes that as an insult or that Leo takes himself too highly by not appearing and thus the jokes. On Leo's part, I don't think he hates or even thinks much about Letterman. He really doesn't appear much on any talk show (-no Jimmy Kimmel, no Jimmy Fallon, no Jon Stuart, no Conan OBrien, no Craig Fergueson - ever. And though he has appeared on Oraph, Jay Leno and Ellen DeGeneres, he hasn't appeared on those late night or afternoon talk shows for his last two movies, Inception and Shutter Island. And his mom, Irmelin appeared on Letterman as part of the Top Ten Countdown in the early or mid 2000's - it would seem like if Leo hated Letterman, Irmelin would know about that and wouldnt have taken part on his show, or for that matter, Bar or Giselle would have appeared on his show as they did when they were with Leo.

ByPrincess

Tks for comments from Dennis Christopher from yesterday's press conference , as well as, reporter tweets :)

I had read yesterday on Twitter that the rest of the cast was at press conference and figured that Leo was only not there due to Wolf filming

Shirah

Tks for news of Django Unchained special :)

I've never heard of Tv One Channel , I had hoped they might have a behind the scenes special as they have had in past on HBO , but , I guess , not

Amandine

Tks for Mandigo fighting still :)

Film Stage yesterday had more stills from the movie that I didn't post as I felt they gave away too many plot points.

Barbie

Tks for great pix of Jordan :)

Fash

Be it Wolf pix or recent premiere pix, I find how dark Leo's hair looks/ or the tan makeup they have on him looks depends on the lighting

Candie

Welcome :wave:

Tks for new of Leo being part of press conference today :)

^Thanks Leo lover and Calibi for the TV spots "D

Yeah I think its safe to say they don't like eachother...Leo was young and maybe a little immature, but Lettermam was also quite the jerk. :/

Welcome Candie! :flower: Thanks for the tweet, and princess for the others. Can't wait for new pics! :drool:

Django Review from People Magazine, one of the few not so decent reviews (though she said it was still good) so thats not a bad review or anything ;)

Django Unchained Review: The First Hour Is Brilliant

I'll be honest, I've been nervous about Django Unchained for months. On the one hand, I feared that Quentin Tarantino's foray in the antebellum south would give him license to indulge his n-word fetish. (The man thinks he has a ghetto pass, and is clearly unwilling to accept that they don't exist.) Or, I thought, Django could be an Inglourious Basterds for black people, the feel-good slave-revenge movie of the year. It turns out I was right on both counts – except maybe that "feel good" business.

The first hour of Django is brilliant, thanks in part to the divine talent of Christoph Waltz as enlightened German bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz. (Dr. King! Ha!) On a bitterly cold night, Schultz catches up with a pair of slave traders in the woods. The fast-talking German is looking to acquire Django (Jamie Foxx), who may be able to help him find the men he's pursuing. This is a Tarantino movie. I'll let you guess how that meeting goes.

As it happens, Django and King find that they work well together and decide to partner up, with King vowing to help Django get back his wife, Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), who has been sold to a notorious plantation owner, Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio).

Which bring us to Django's shortcomings. The gabby King, fey Calvin, and cunning Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson), Calvin's head house slave, turn out to be far more interesting than Django himself. That's not Foxx's fault – he certainly tries to make the most of Django's process of self-discovery. It's just that the other guys are so much more showy, with exaggerated mannerisms and over-the-top speechifying. It also doesn't help that the film loses momentum in the middle, dragging out to a climax that owes as much to Scarface as it does to the spaghetti westerns Tarantino obviously adores.

And then there's the n-word. At the risk of sounding like an obsessive, I counted 114 times that particular epithet tumbles out of someone's mouth. Now, there's no way to make a movie about slavery that doesn't acknowledge the regular use of that particularly ugly bit of verbiage. But 114 times (plus one nasty sign)? That’s egregious. Which is why, ultimately, as funny and smart as Django is, it isn't quite as satisfying as Inglourious Basterds.

That film offered an exceptional opening set piece, with Waltz playing the vicious Nazi, Colonel Landa, shooting down a family of Jews beneath the floorboards of a house. That’s all Tarantino needed to make an immediate emotional impact and justify bloody revenge. Django, on the other hand, repeatedly shows degrading brutality toward African-Americans, with the n-word wall-to-wall carpeting the film. A handful of slave traders may get their due, but the audience gets verbally and visually assaulted in the nearly three-hour process.

Still, Django, with its theme of how people play roles to navigate tricky situations, and its frank assessment of the commodification of human beings, leaves a viewer with plenty of conversation afterward, so take a friend. I might not recommend taking your mother, though. I had to hold mine in her seat.

http://www.people.co...0656902,00.html

Off Topic...I'm really sad to hear what happened in Connecticut, a gunman killed several children in a school...really,really sad. This world is upside down girls... :(

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Kat:thanks 4 da interview & review!!!!!

joy:thanks 4 da link!!!!!

np :hehe: let them know so many ppl want Leo to win oscar !

welcome all the new members <3

http://www.reelz.com...actors-of-2012/

rank your top 10 oscar worthy actors

Leo no.1 of course :D

cool!

Thanks for the link :)

this is my list

http://www.reelz.com...actors-of-2012/

I realized shortly after how to do it haha. I put leo first too :heart:

But it's neat that leo is number 3 overall, still pretty high :p

let them know so many ppl want Leo to win oscar !

YES!! :p