Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

http://the-talks.com/interviews/leonardo-dicaprio/

Leonardo DiCaprio: “I am a lot calmer now”

Mr. DiCaprio, wouldn’t it be nice to do a shitty romantic comedy every once in a while?

I am completely open for doing a romantic comedy but I will never do something just for the sake of doing a specific genre or because it’s the time or place to do a different type of movie. I think that would be a huge mistake. Ultimately I read a script and I say, “Woah, I am emotionally engaged in this.” I never think about the subject matter, what it will be to popular culture, what it means historically – ultimately all that stuff passes and this movie will come out and it’s either good or it’s not. So that’s the only way I know how to pick films, otherwise I am not connected to it.

How important is it for you to challenge yourself even further with every film that you do?

That really depends on the role. It’s always this grand search in the industry to find good material. Whenever there is good material they all jump on it and it’s like a food fight to get it made. That’s why so many things take years and years to develop because it all shows up on screen. If there are holes in the story structure, if it’s not a compelling, moving narrative, that shows on screen and the movie fails.

You seem to be winning the food fight, considering the material that you get.

It’s been director driven. I have to say that whatever decisions I make, I really do think that movie making is a director’s medium. They are the people that ultimately shape the film and a director can take great material and turn it into garbage if they are not capable of making a good movie. So that is why I have chosen to work with directors that I feel can transport themselves in the audiences mind.

You have worked with Spielberg, Nolan, Eastwood, Mendes, Boyle, Cameron, not to mention you are a regular with Scorsese. Is there anyone left on your list?

There are a lot of directors I’d still love to work with. Paul Thomas Anderson is someone I’d love to work with. I think Alejandro González Iñárritu is very talented. Ang Lee is very talented. I mean, there are a lot of people. There are many great directors out there.

How much of your life involves making movies and thinking about movies?

A lot of it, that is for sure. (Laughs) I can’t say that it isn’t the most dominant thing going on right now. Look, the truth is that I always wanted to be an actor; it was always my dream and now is the time where I am really able to choose my own parts.

You have been able to do that for a while…

Yes, but I know a lot of actors who I grew up with in the industry – growing up in Los Angeles – that don’t get to do that. I just keep imagining myself thirty years from now thinking, “Why didn’t you take advantage of all the opportunities you had? Look at all the people you could have worked with, the roles you could have done. Go for it.” And that’s what I am thinking.

So do you put other things aside?

No, I don’t. Either they fit in in a natural way or they don’t. I never want to force anything but I do know that ultimately this is what I love doing and those other things will find a way to happen.

So you always knew that acting is what you wanted to do?

I really don’t remember. But I do remember loving to imitate my mother’s friends. I’d do little performances imitating them, making fun of them, making her laugh, making my grandparents laugh.

Sounds like you were a handful.

I kind of am an energetic person. It seems calmer now, but you should have seen me when I was younger. Whew! I would have been very difficult to be around, especially before I became a teenager. I don’t know how my mother dealt with me. I was just running, constantly doing things. I am a lot calmer now, but I still have a lot of energy.

Do you ever think you’ll lose that energy and try something else completely?

I could one day. But I happen to love acting, I happen to love doing movies. We are all shaped from these memories we have as young people and those were my earliest memories: wanting to be an actor, pushing my parents to take me out on auditions. I didn’t even know you could get paid for it but I wanted to do it. When I found out you could get paid for it then I said, “Okay, this is what I really want to do.” I am getting to fulfill that so I am not going to do anything, for now anyway, to change that.

Is it strange when you reflect on how completely you’ve achieved your childhood dream?

I sometimes have to look back and say, “Wow, this is amazing what has happened to me. I have been able to fulfill a lot of these dreams that I had when I was very young.” I would have never guessed that I would have gotten to have one tiny role in a Martin Scorsese film and to have done four now, it’s pretty amazing. I have to say it’s a pretty amazing feeling. But at the same time it becomes addictive! So yes, my dreams have been surpassed.

Leo has eyes only for Karlie

Leonardo DiCaprio was one of the many men hoping to hook a Victoria’s Secret model at the party after the catwalk show -- and focused his gaze on Karlie Kloss.

The star of “J. Edgar,” which opened Wednesday and is generating big Oscar buzz, was spotted scanning the array of leggy, glossy-haired beauties at the after-party at the Dream Downtown that night.

A spy told us, “He walked back and forth three times at the party looking for prospects at the table cluttered with VS models but, after no luck, he settled at the ‘bachelors’ end of the room lady-less.” DiCaprio hung out with actors Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lukas Haas and they were joined by Kanye West, who earlier had performed at the show with Jay-Z.

But our source added that Leo, who split with Blake Lively last month, was transfixed by willowy Kloss, a face of Christian Dior and a ballet dancer who we’re told is currently single. “He couldn’t take his eyes off her,” the spy said -- but it wasn’t clear whether he made a move. His rep declined to comment last night.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/leo_has_ey...M#ixzz1dNlUMDok

Thanks Princess for the interviews and the Karlie article! I love Karlie, so interested to see if anything happens there ;)

Plus I really liked the interview where he said he has to take the opportunites givin to him. Hes so career drivin and knows how lucky he is, so thats sweet :wub:

Oh My Goddess! Girls, was looking for an old news here in the thread, and I just noticed that January 2011 begins on page 104 and now, like today, we're on page 575? :o

We are talking about over 400 pages in less than a year. this thread is moved 4 times faster compared to the last 4 years...

We're good. Well, I include myself even though I only started commenting recently :D

yeah,that's so impressive how far we went.now we got about 3 pages a day,so we can say that pages fly :D I suppose we'll get to 1000 pages in upcoming year :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEO!!!

All happiness in the world, love, peace, and that your projects and dreams come true.

Thousands of kisses on these beautiful cheeks and these soft lips, my divo

:wub:.

Eu Amo Você

I Love You

Te Amo

Ti amo

Amo Te

Ich liebe dich

Je t'aime

אני אוהב אותך

Ik hou van je

Я люблю тебя

EDIT: მე შენ მიყვარხარ (Tks to Sick :laugh: :laugh:)

私はあなたを愛して...

These and many other languages post-52055-0-1446081311-08244_thumb.gif

post-52055-0-1446081311-09324_thumb.gif post-52055-0-1446081311-10049_thumb.gif post-52055-0-1446081311-14052_thumb.gif

Lot of negative reviews today?? :(

Here's one of them:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/p...l-1226193080375

In this regard I have only one thing to say: "the unanimity is stupid". The most important thing is that we have read numerous positive comments on the performance of Leo... and I prefer to keep me with positive feedback.

Thank you, wijn.

Leo has eyes only for Karlie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK Nanda, I'll teach you one more I love you :p in Georgian :blush:

well letters are very different but you can copy-paste :p

მე შენ მიყვარხარ you have to read it like that: me shen mikvarkhar, just read E as we read it in the word mElody and SH as generally we read :p just read exactly what you see :blush:

gif is so cute :wub:

Let the gossip begins, each one with his version of history, of course ;)

Leonardo DiCaprio mesmerised by model Karlie Kloss

Since splitting from Blake Lively a month ago Leo has been linked to a string of gorgeous girls and he was really enjoying his singledom at the sexy underwear party.

Hollywood playboy Leonardo DiCaprio was captivated by the beauties at the Victoria's Secret after-party this week.

Since splitting from Blake Lively a month ago Leo has been linked to a string of gorgeous girls and he was really enjoying his singledom at the sexy underwear party.

Spies at the event said that Leo was scouting the room looking at all the ladies but it was 19-year-old model Karlie Kloss who caught his eye.

"He couldn't take his eyes off her," a witness said.

Leggy beauty Kloss is an American model and ballerina who is best known for her work for Christian Dior.

Leo, 37, is almost twice Karlie's age. Witnesses said that although he stared at her for much of the night he never went over to make a move on the brunette stunner.

http://celebedge.ca/leonardo_dicaprio_mesm..._kloss/61b71d96

OK Nanda, I'll teach you one more I love you :p in Georgian :blush:

well letters are very different but you can copy-paste :p

მე შენ მიყვარხარ you have to read it like that: me shen mikvarkhar, just read E as we read it in the word mElody and SH as generally we read :p just read exactly what you see :blush:

gif is so cute :wub:

:laugh: :laugh:

Very appreciated. Tks, Sick.

Thanks Princess for one more gossip :laugh:. She has 19! Please, God! <_< :laugh: