Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I'm not sure if anyone already posted this article??? but...

What films are surprisingly not at the Toronto Film Festival this year?

The announcement of this year's Toronto Film Festival line up included a number of pictures expected to premiere or screen north of the border. Award season contenders such as Alexander Payne's "The Descendants," Bennett Miller's "Moneyball," Sarah Polley's "Take this Waltz" and Jonathan Levine's "50/50" seemed destined for Toronto months ago. There were three films, however, that didn't make the initial cut which raised some eyebrows.

The biggest surprise was that Jason Reitman's "Young Adult" isn't in the mix. Written by his "Juno" collaborator Diablo Cody, "Adult" stars Charlize Theron as a writer who returns to her hometown in Minnesota hoping to snag her ex-boyfriend (Patrick Wilson) who just happens to be married with kids. It's a dramedy in the same vein as Reinman's last three films all of which screened and/or premiered at the Toronto Film Festival (as well as "Jennifer's Blood" which he co-produced). Normally that would be intriguing enough, but when you take into account that TIFF's brand new modern headquarters and screening facility, the Bell Lightbox, sits on the officially renamed Reitman Square it's certainly news. The block around the Lightbox was named in honor of Jason's father, Ivan, who is Canadian and has been a huge supporter of the festival. According to Paramount, Reitman certainly isn't dissing the festival which launched his career with "Thank You For Smoking." Instead, the studio and Reitman just believe that "Adult" is better served by going wide on Dec. 16 (it opens in limited release on Dec. 9) and skipping a good chunk of festival season. It's also no secret that Reitman has been through two long and grueling awards seasons for "Juno" and "Up in the Air" over the past 3 1/2 years. And, considering how "Air's" Oscar chances were somewhat deflated as that particular long season wore on, trying a different strategy might not be such a bad idea this time around.

Another film that was expected to hit either Venice, Toronto or Telluride is Phyllida Lloyd's "The Iron Lady" (well, at least by the media). Featuring Meryl Streep as iconic U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, this Weinstein Company release seemed like a logical fit to follow "The King's Speech's" winning publicity and festival tour last year. While TWC won't comment, word is the film is still in post-production having just shot this past winter. Whether it makes the London Film Festival in October remains to be seen.

Appearing at the Venice Film Festival, but not Toronto is Tomas Alfredson's "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy." The adaptation of John Le Carre's popular thriller features a stellar ensemble including Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy and Ciaran Hinds. Focus had no official comment on why "Tinker" won't play at Toronto, but rumors are circulating it might be the opening night film at the competing New York Film Festival and the mini-major is known to have high hopes for their prime best picture contender.

Another filmmaker who is no stranger to Toronto is Clint Eastwood. The cinematic legend has screened everything from "Mystic River" to "Hereafter" at the festival. His new biopic "J. Edgar" didn't make the initial cut for Toronto, but could find itself added in the coming weeks or land a major gala at the New York Film Festival. NYFF is also conveniently much closer to its current Oct. 21 release date.

Will not stopping in Toronto be a detriment to the Oscar campaigns for "Adult," "Tinker," "Edgar" or even "Lady"? Four of the last six best picture winners either premiered or screened at TIFF including the last three; "Slumdog Millionaire," "The Hurt Locker" and "The King's Speech." That certainly signifies a trend, but with so many changes in the best picture race this year that might not mean much. Maybe.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/awards-campaig...tival-this-year

Thanks Solange and Princess for the J.Edgar articles!

Hmmm I don't know that J.Edgar not being at the Toronto film festival. If a movie is good, its not going to matter that it didn't premiere at the Festival . If a movies good, a movie is good!

haha I love that too miche!

A tweet. Don't know how accurate it is, but this Cafe is in NYC, and this tweeter lives in NY.

Leo and Blake sharing breakfast @cafeterianyc So chic.

http://twitter.com/#!/blowzine

So let me see... dinner, lunch and now breakfast? And I'm here wondering what they were doing before that :whistle: .

In any case, Blake... why you didn't take the breakfast in bed? Oh, God ;) .

Thanks halo for article from NY Post.

Oxford I loved the photos. Leo is so handsome in all of them.

And thanks by_princess for article. I'm so excited for this movie, I can't wait for see.

And wijn... Titanic here in Brazil continues to be a success when passes on tv. I forbear to watch... my family asks: will have to watch that movie again? I: Let's see if this time Leo stay in that damn board with Kate :laugh: . I never resigned and never will... they might have stayed together in that board <_< .

Thanks halo for article from NY Post.

Oxford I loved the photos. Leo is so handsome in all of them.

And thanks by_princess for article. I'm so excited for this movie, I can't wait for see.

and I can not wait to see Leonardo promoting this movie, because it means a lot of interviews, many many many many pictures, red carpets, and especially many awards... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yes:

Hmmm, take a look...

@khcunningham Kathryn Cunningham

Woah just saw Leonardo dicaprio and Blake lively! #starstruck #fashionidol #titanic #whatelsecanihashtag #winning

em resposta a ↑

Lisa Olson

@lisa_janel Lisa Olson

@khcunningham JEALOUS!!!!! Obsessed with both of them!!

She just didn't say where (maybe New York) <_< . More details in the next time, please :laugh: .

^Oh yes! I cannot wait unti promotion starts for the film! If you girls haven't noticed usually for each one of his movies that come out, he does one big magazine cover. Inception it was rolling stone cover, SI it was Esquire, BOL and RR was the GQ cover and EW cover, then before that another GQ cover.....So I'm interested to see what mag he'll cover this promotion ;) hopefully it will be shirtless like his Rolling Stone shoot! :p

Also thanks Nanda for the tweets! Just look where the tweeter lists her location and see if she lists it somewhere in NY, or if shes visiting or something. could be NY like the other tweet said!

^Oh yes! I cannot wait unti promotion starts for the film! If you girls haven't noticed usually for each one of his movies that come out, he does one big magazine cover. Inception it was rolling stone cover, SI it was Esquire, BOL and RR was the GQ cover and EW cover, then before that another GQ cover.....So I'm interested to see what mag he'll cover this promotion ;) hopefully it will be shirtless like his Rolling Stone shoot! :p

Also thanks Nanda for the tweets! Just look where the tweeter lists her location and see if she lists it somewhere in NY, or if shes visiting or something. could be NY like the other tweet said!

Yeah, kat. Excellent observation. It's true, he always appears on the covers of major magazines.

and I can not wait to see Leonardo promoting this movie, because it means a lot of interviews, many many many many pictures, red carpets, and especially many awards...

Totally agree by_princess... I forgot to mention that. Leo on red carpet :drool: .

Kat... the girl is from NY. Another girl asked where she saw the two... but she still didn't answer.

@simplyaryaa Arya Gautam

Where?!"@khcunningham: Woah just saw Leonardo dicaprio and Blake lively! #starstruck #fashionidol #titanic #whatelsecanihashtag #winning"

Welcome back kat! :wave::hug:

As to tweet below that you just posted, maybe, Leo is on the set visiting with Blake and Stone, and the person thinks he is there as part of the film cast "Savages" .
rtbyforrest artbyforrest.com

You know you've been in LA a long time when Dicaprio & Oliver Stone are filming a movie next door, and u don't feel like tweetin about it.

18 minutes ago

Well duh, why didn't I think of that? :p

Quick shout out to MauiKane - U're super cool !

Emile Hirsch looks a bit like Leo from a few years ago but Emile's so much shorter than Leo so I kinda doubt someone mistook him for Leo unless that person dont know too much about Leo,haha.

Like my friend: "Leo? Oh yeah I love him! He was so good in Into the Wild!" Uh, no. :p I looked up Emile's role in Savages: he's playing one of the kidnappers from Mexico. :whistle:

Thank you fash, princess, and Nanda for the tweets, and halo for the NY Post article! :flower: :flower: :flower: Nanda, one of those tweets is from NYC. She says she delivered jewelry to the Gossip Girl set yesterday. Maybe she went back today.

So let me see... dinner, lunch and now breakfast? And I'm here wondering what they were doing before that :whistle:

:blush: Sleeping I hope! When do they sleep?! :rofl:

solange, your avi is so sweet! :wub: Revolutionary Road is so sad I forget about scenes like that. Must watch again soon!

wijn, I think Titanic gains new fans every time it's on TV. :) I expect next year's Titanic re-release in 3D will gain a whole new generation of girls who want to marry Leo. ;)

michelabella, thanks for reminding me about Biography channel, I need to watch it again :)

http://youtu.be/x2d_0rsyZRw

http://youtu.be/aqNIJFx43NU

Another filmmaker who is no stranger to Toronto is Clint Eastwood. The cinematic legend has screened everything from "Mystic River" to "Hereafter" at the festival. His new biopic "J. Edgar" didn't make the initial cut for Toronto, but could find itself added in the coming weeks or land a major gala at the New York Film Festival. NYFF is also conveniently much closer to its current Oct. 21 release date.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/awards-campaig...tival-this-year

Thanks princess! :flower: I don't think this blogger's characterization of J. Edgar and the other potential Oscar contenders "not making the cut" for Toronto or any other film festival is correct. It sounds like he is summarizing info from other articles but changed the wording and in doing so made it sound like they submitted for Toronto but were not chosen. The articles, like these two, don't suggest that they were ever submitted.

Hollywood Reporter

We know that Tuesday's Toronto International Film Festival lineup announcement contains a future Oscar contender or two, and other films fated to fizzle fast. But there's no telling yet which is which -- especially considering the huge Oscar hopefuls that won't be at Toronto Sept. 8-18.

Clint Eastwood is still busy editing J. Edgar. Paramount, perhaps inspired by the twin Oscars The Fighter won (plus a best picture nom) after last year's late-season release, is holding Jason Reitman's Young Adult, scripted by his Juno partner Diablo Cody and starring Charlize Theron in what sounds like an Oscar-bait role, back from the fest circuit. That's an eyebrow-raiser, since Reitman has favorite-son status at Toronto and many would have bet money it would be there. The Weinstein Company's The Iron Lady, starring Meryl Streep as Brit capitalist battleax Margaret Thatcher, is much buzzed as her possible 17th Oscar-nom vehicle (and third win). It's not on the first list for Toronto, though dramatic late entry announcements remain possible, and few can orchestrate a race like Harvey Weinstein.

Deadline

What was interesting about today's Toronto list was not so much what was included but what wasn't. My colleague Mike Fleming in his story about the announcement intriguingly speculated that Focus Features' Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy might have been left off because it may be going to lead off the New York Film Festival, which demands complete exclusivity for their opening-night film on Sept. 30. Last year that fest scored big by grabbing the true world premiere of The Social Network, which became an instant Oscar player. There is no official word yet on anything NY Fest-related for Tinker Tailor (which is said to have major awards bait in Gary Oldman's lead performance in the John le Carre film adaptation), but its world premiere will be at Venice largely because its UK and Ireland opening date of Sept. 16 is far ahead of other territories such as the U.S. (Nov. 18) and a Venice unveiling was a necessity due to the timing of the Euro launch. I have learned Tinker Tailor will not be making a stop in Toronto. Incidentally, another strong potential for the NYFF opening (or closing) slot might be Clint Eastwood's J. Edgar, with Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role. Eastwood is a favorite there, and the film's Oct. 21 release date would fit nicely into the NY Fest's timeline and Warner Bros' marketing plans.

Also conspicuously missing from today's Toronto announcement was Paramount's eagerly awaited Young Adult, directed by Jason Reitman, written by Diablo Cody and starring Charlize Theron in a performance said to have some awards potential. I would have bet this film (which Paramount just dated for Dec. 9) would show up in Toronto, but I have confirmed it definitely won't be riding the fest circuit -- a first for Reitman. Don't look for it in Telluride either despite being Reitman's "good luck" festival where future Best Picture nominees Juno and Up In The Air had wildly successful unofficial premieres. Last year, Paramount's The Fighter skipped the fest circuit entirely (except for an unadvertised sneak intro'd by Mark Wahlberg at the AFI Fest in November) and went on to win two Best Supporting Oscars and a Best Pic nom.

The girl saw them in NY! :D So they are in NY. So they also had breakfest also. How Sweet?! :wub: Hope we can get some pics of them in NY!

And Nanda love your comment! :p

So let me see... dinner, lunch and now breakfast? And I'm here wondering what they were doing before that .

In any case, Blake... why you didn't take the breakfast in bed? Oh, God

Hello ladies!! :wave:

Tks for the tweets and articles!! It's good to know now we can see many pics of Leo and Blake together,finally! :laugh:

Oxford,tks for those cute pics of Leo and his hat!hehe I love his style,really,he's so down to earth! :wub:

Solange,just loved your siggie,how sweet!! :wub: Leo will be a great dad!hehe

Hey girls,who wants to see Titanic in 3-D? Just put your hands up!! :clap:

Always remember that quote from Oprah Winfrey at the time Leo had been nominated for The Aviator... Leo,GO GET YOUR OSCAR!! :p

Nanda: this comment is too funny... :rofl::laugh: and I'am envy... :blush:

So let me see... dinner, lunch and now breakfast? And I'm here wondering what they were doing before that .

I can't wait for this J.Edgar trailer!!!

aww, Pami: I loved that quote from Oprah, she's always so nice to Leo.

AOMG Interesting reading people's take on leo's oscar winning chances.... nice to see most seem very optimistic. It just makes me more excited to see the movie.... and I must admit also a tad bit worried that expectations may turn out to be too high. But right now things are looking great :p

Love your Blake Vogue avi... she looks gorg!

Thanks Nanda and Kat for tweets.... those two are glued together.... soooooooooooo sweet. After the twitter sightings one of the big sites usually write about the sighting... really shows their popularity! Kind of happy that they are in NYC... hope this means chances of getting more pics is higher :p

Pami yeah I wanna see Titanic in 3D!! :clap:

thanks everyone for updates! :wave:

I really can't wait for J.Edgar promotion,we'll see so many pics,photoshoots,covers,red carpets and so on and soo on! :ddr: :dance:

I wanna see Titanic in 3D,Pami!

well Titanic is the less fav movie for me,from Leo's career,but would like to see in 3D + I've never seen it on big screen,cuz I was 5 when it realized :blush:

Thanks aOMG for the Leo oscar predictions! I am excited that everyone is buzzing about this even before the movie comes out, but I am hopeing it lives up to that, because its going to suck if the predictions are too high and its not as good as they say it is. But I have high hopes! :D :clap:

I hope we can get some pics of them in NY! We know theres a bigger chance of them getting papped! :)

OKAY WTF with these pics I found! Where are these from?? Anybody know?? The first two are hilarious!! :laugh::rofl: Looks like it could be from somewhere are around The Beach era. LOLLLL Its just hilarious! :laugh: The 3rd one is just sexy :drool: and I don't know where any of these come from!!!!!!!!!

tumblrlkkmlopvGk1qjnuuye800dbafJPG.jpg

tumblrlk11glvagU1qjnuuyaffa8b4bJPG.jpg

tumblrljz583nrjo1qzbr47689f5329JPG.jpg

Source* http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...7%26prmd%3Divns

Hey, Solange. I forgot to say... also loved his signature. So sweet :wub: . The yours too, barbie. The girls here are making beautiful signatures... all very beautiful.

Hey y'all,

Check out this thread on this awards predictions forum- Is there any way Leonardo DiCaprio won't win the Oscar?

Thanks aomg. I have seen many actors win an Oscar for only a leading role... Leo has built a wonderful career with exciting films that are marked in people's memory. Many actors have waited years and years to win the first Oscar (I hope that Leo not), and many, after they earn cannot continue in major productions such as Adrien Brody, Halle Berry, Jamie Foxx, Forest Whitaker, Jennifer Hudson (who to this day I don't understand why she won... I think the competition for best actress is always less than for an actor). I really want see Leo winning his Oscar soon, and if he to continue making films so memorable will be difficult to continue denying the award. It's issue of time.

Thanks kat by the photos. I love... I just had not seen the third yet. It's really hilarious :laugh: .