Bellazon

Football

goose

I was actually hoping Brazil would be going out, just because they had serious attitude problems. It just seemed to me they were happy with playing at 50 % of their capabilities and seemed to assume that would be enough. They didn't show their opponents and the competition in general the respect it deserves.

I don't think it was a problem of they didn't play, but more a problem of they couldn't play.

Ronaldo, Adriano and Robinho had terrible club seasons and Ronnie (like Lamps) lost his form in the latter stages of the season. Parreira played an over defensive game with no aces up his sleeve. He played the names and not the players and consquently payed for it.

You must bear in mind that it is not easy to compare between players from other periods. There was not as much technology back then as there were nowadays, which is why their skills didn't seem to be as tricky. I'd like to see what Henry could do with yesteryear's boots and those balls which weigh a ton. I guarantee you he won't be able to pull off half the stuff he does nowadays. And that's also a reason why you have to respect the greats from those times. They shone through using that kind of equipment :yes:

Edited by red_ed

Sad like everyone else. Maybe except Leverkusen supporters. No, actually if my team were denied a Champions League title by something as spectacular as his goal, I'd feel pretty privileged...in some sad twisted sort of way :laugh:

He hasn't be performing the past few seasons but if you aren't saddened by his retirement, then you're not really a fan of football. I hope he continues his form and retires with another World Cup. It'd be a fitting end for a legend :yes:

Apparently Marseille rejected him when he was young because "he was too fat" :rofl: FOOLS :|

I'm just glad he didn't go out two years ago, when most of France were calling for his head. nice that he's seeing some more glory

on another note, it's kind of amazing that he's never had an assist to Henry in a WC match. man, Henry will be the first guy in line to wish him a happy retirement

Sad like everyone else. Maybe except Leverkusen supporters. No, actually if my team were denied a Champions League title by something as spectacular as his goal, I'd feel pretty privileged...in some sad twisted sort of way :laugh:

He hasn't be performing the past few seasons but if you aren't saddened by his retirement, then you're not really a fan of football. I hope he continues his form and retires with another World Cup. It'd be a fitting end for a legend :yes:

Apparently Marseille rejected him when he was young because "he was too fat" :rofl: FOOLS :|

And that's just one of the many stupid moves/decisions they have made over the years. :p

I'm just glad he didn't go out two years ago, when most of France were calling for his head. nice that he's seeing some more glory

on another note, it's kind of amazing that he's never had an assist to Henry in a WC match. man, Henry will be the first guy in line to wish him a happy retirement

Henry only scored 3 goals in 1998 and 3 in these ones right? France went out without scoring a single goal in 2002 didn't they? So in 6 goals he's only provided one assist? :idk:

zero assists is what I read this morning.

I mean, they always talk about how they don't like playing with the other, so it makes sense.

It's less a matter of them not liking to play together and more a matter of them being used to very different systems at their clubs and not being able to transfer their skills to their NT most of the time.

I think it's both. you have both who are world-famous elite players who think their way is the way to success... and then their teams have been so good and their stats so good, it's not wonder they feel like that. but when they play together, it's true Zizou is slower these days, and what's the point of a forward playing at a slow speed like that?

but even at Arsenal, I've seen Henry be frustrated with a slow pace of match. there was a CL match recently where he was bitching to Wenger every time he ran by him

zero assists is what I read this morning.

I mean, they always talk about how they don't like playing with the other, so it makes sense.

sorry it should've been 7 goals if you count the one against Brasil...right? :idk: