Bellazon

Football

goose

it's both entertainment and a business, and the two sides will never meet in the middle.

the fatal flaw with a game like football is that teams can play to not lose, much more so than NFL or MLB. not that that kills the game, just kills some of the entertainment.

ugh it's like oil and water most of the time <_<

and true... the draw can be a bad thing...but the lack of goals makes scoring such a special occasion...unless you're Argentina playing a hapless S&M side of course :p

a scoreless draw can be a thriller, totally.

but I'm talking about just playing to tie, or worse, playing to not lose.

NHL got into that a decade ago with the neutral zone trap. the new rules pretty much bust that open, which is much better. games SHOULD be entertaining. you're paying a lot for your entertainment dollar/euro/etc

it's both entertainment and a business, and the two sides will never meet in the middle.

the fatal flaw with a game like football is that teams can play to not lose, much more so than NFL or MLB. not that that kills the game, just kills some of the entertainment.

ugh it's like oil and water most of the time <_<

and true... the draw can be a bad thing...but the lack of goals makes scoring such a special occasion...unless you're Argentina playing a hapless S&M side of course :p

a scoreless draw can be a thriller, totally.

True. One of the best games I ever saw was a 0-0 draw between Chelsea and AC Milan a few years back.

Zola was brilliant in that.

True. One of the best games I ever saw was a 0-0 draw between Chelsea and AC Milan a few years back.

The best I remember was the France vs Brasil FIFA Centenary match. 0-0 it ended. But 'twas the best 0-0 match ever! The technical brilliance on show was unbelievable.

that was the first time that two teams had met in a shootout in the WC where both were perfect in at least three tries. guess that's the end of Argentina's claim to that.

oh well, there goes one hot team. can't see Germany losing until the final.

what happened todayyy omg i left like the 78th minute during argentina and germany....requilme was amazing! podolewski is funny to me lol hes aggressive..i dont see anything wrong with that..though he got a yellow card in the third minute lol..anyways i found out during work germany won..WTFFFFF

and who else played today?

i hope england kicks some portugese arse.

The best I remember was the France vs Brasil FIFA Centenary match. 0-0 it ended. But 'twas the best 0-0 match ever! The technical brilliance on show was unbelievable.

That was an awsome game :)

France had there throw backs on to, and Zidane was absolutely drenched in it :rofl: :rofl:

:dance: :hell yea!: :clap:

We're in the Semis :fun: :fun: :fun:

They keep getting better game by game :)

And once again Buffon, Zambrotta, and Cannavaro were just great :D and Toni finally scored, now he'll start scoring at will :p

Toni looked pretty good against Australia. Pity they subbed him off. Iaquinta should've been taken off for the 15 minutes of crap he contributed :rofl:

At least Toni got me som more points in my fantasy games :thumbsup: