Bellazon

Jourdan Dunn
Thumbnail

she_was_like..

• 2 weeks later...
My Vogue Life

29 May 2009, 06:00PM

LIKE the world's most enigmatic model Kate Moss, Jourdan Dunn is usually a woman of few words. The London-born teenager was discovered by Storm Models in 2006 and was quickly catapulted to the international catwalks - and the cover of her favourite magazine.

"Most models dream of being on a Vogue cover - especially their own country's issue - so when I found out I was extremely happy!" she told VOGUE.COM. "I did have my Italian Vogue cover which was really significant to me as well, but being British and appearing in British Vogue - and to know I had their support - was very special to me."

"It's funny because my mum and I would talk about appearing in Vogue and being a 'Vogue girl' and now I am, kind of!" Dunn enthused. She revealed that her favourite shoot so far was for Italian Vogue - where she took part in the iconic "All Black" issue for August 2008, which also featured legendary models Iman, Naomi Campbell and Tyra Banks.

"It was such a fun day seeing all those great models under one roof," Dunn revealed. "I stayed the whole day even though I finished at about 1pm! It was my first time working with Steven Meisel, so I was sooo flipping nervous!! But he put me at ease and I really enjoyed myself. Hopefully I'll get to tell my grankids about it."

Jourdan Dunn talk shows, shops and shoots

MAY 2009 - "I'm very happy and lucky that I can say I've been in Vogue, plus I have three covers. Hopefully by the end of my career I'll be able to say I've been in every Vogue!"

MAY 2009 - "As far as favourite shows go, there are a few…I always love working for Marc Jacobs because you are always guaranteed a 'show'!"

MAY 2009 - "...But also this season it was my first time walking for Chanel and Gucci - which I've always wanted to do. The clothes and styling for both were beautifully designed and so inspiring."

MAY 2009 - "I'm all about online shopping! I love going on Topshop, Asos and Net-A-Porter's sites. I like mixing it up, wearing high street with designer. I just love the fact I can have a shopping spree in my PJs with a cup of tea in my hand!"

MAY 2009 - "My favourite city for shopping is London without a doubt, but I love New York too because it can be so cheap to shop there!"

MAY 2009 - "The three things I think every woman should have in her wardrobe are: a pair of J Brand jeans - the length and fit is so perfect for my figure; a pair of Chanel pumps - I'm a flats girls so a good pair of pumps is ideal for every occasion; and then it’s a tie between a leather jacket and a pretty dress."

MAY 2009 - "My first American Vogue shoot was with Chanel Iman and I was really excited. We were dancing all day just having fun, so much fun! It just felt like another normal day for me…. jumping, leaping and smiling! It was really fun because I got to jump on a trampoline!"

vogue.co.uk via á la Balenciaga from TFS