Bellazon

Jim Caviezel
Thumbnail

feiti

• 1 month later...

wow, cristiana, thank you so much, i've been having some problems with my internet connection, and all together connection with the world, BUT, I'm back, and hopefuly will be finding some new stuff for you guys:) :kiss: :wave:

great pictures!

Jim Caviezel is the hottness!!! :drool:

i recommend this freaky and serious BUT awesome film (The Thin Red Line-with a lot of great actors: Sean Penn, Nick Nolte, Ben Chaplin, John Travolta, Adrien Brody, Jared LEto, ect.) to all of you who love Jim, and are interested in REAL life, not just love stories and fake feeling but true human emotions, and facts.

;)

• 1 month later...

A cute interview with our sweetheart :heart:

in the movie: Angel Eyes

May 19, 2001

It can be assumed that there are very few men on this planet that would turn down the opportunity to make love to Jennifer Lopez. But Jim Caviezel did, twice.

Of course, the lovemaking in question would be make-believe, all part of a role as an enigmatic widower named Catch in the film Angel Eyes, but regardless, it's an offer not many would pass up. Caviezel, who was hand picked by Lopez to co-star with her in the film, almost didn't make it to the coveted role. "I actually turned down [Angel Eyes]," says the actor, "after a while Luis [Mandoki] approached me about it again, and I turned it down again, but then Dennis Quaid called me and said, 'You may want to rethink that, [Luis] is a really smart director' and I did."

So what in the world could make Caviezel turn down a lead role opposite Hollywood's hottest damsel not once, but two times? "I didn't think I could give the role what it needed. I asked this friend of mine who had lost his wife if he could give me any insight on it, and he told me through his own tears how he lived with a lot of guilt and how much he regrets moments in his life. I though to myself, 'That's where I gotta get to,' and I didn't know if I could do it."

Needless to say, Mandoki's persistence and Dennis Quaid's wise words won out, and Caviezel took the role, which introduced him to his first love scene. "I was really nervous," he admits. "[Jennifer] picked up on that, she looked at me and goes, 'This is your first love scene, isn't it?' I said, 'Why, am I that bad?' She said, No but it seems I get every guy's first love scene.

Caviezel pulled through it like a man, but with one hesitation. "I said, 'Look, I'm gonna keep the Calvin's on, and you can just cut around them. I do have a wife,'"

On-screen lovemaking wasn't the only skill Caviezel acquired for his role. "I had to learn how to play the trumpet," he says with pride. "I didn't know how to play. The first day they thought they'd just shoot around it, but the lady came in and worked with me, and she thought I could learn to play the song." In a few fast lessons, Caviezel was trumpeting with confidence. "I learned how to play the song for the film, 'Nature Boy', and just for fun, I've always wanted to play 'Hello, Dolly,' so I learned how to play that."

Coming up next for Jim Caveizel is the title role in the remake of The Count of Monte Cristo, which brings about more of the actor's unseen talents. "Fencing," says Caviezel. "All my free time went into learning how to play trumpet or fence. [For Monte Cristo] I was more concerned about fencing than anything else." For a role that requires foils, accents, and tremendous acting chops, it's probably safe to say fencing wasn't his only worry. "Going up against someone like Richard Harris and not being mediocre was a concern," he admits.

Mediocrity is one thing, but a lack of juicy roles is something Jim Caviezel doesn't have to worry about. "I'm just trying to take whatever I have right now and use it to get another film. If I could pull it off, okay, I get another film," he says humbly. "That's what it's like right now, I'm just trying to make the right decisions, so in thirty years I can look back and say, 'Man, I had a career.'"