Qball

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever get a boob job?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's great to hear that your surgery went perfectly OK and you're happy with the result :) I'm sure you look great now. However, I'm still concerned about the way you view it - did you REALLY do it ONLY for yourself? How are bigger breasts going to make you feel better about yourself? Don't you want men to appreciate you more as a woman, as a "feminine being"? You don't want them to assume that you're not a schoolgirl anymore, but a grown-up woman. You want more confidence, so now you have it, and that's perfectly okay. But, excuse me, saying that you do it solely for yourself sounds narcissistic. Let's say that I'd like to have a penis enlargement surgery. Why would I need it? For MYSELF? So that I could wake up every day and look at myself in the mirror and say "Whoa, I feel really great with that 9-inch thing now..."? No. The only reason for me deciding on having my penis enlarged would be to, uhmm... impress the ladies. And boost my sexual confidence, of course. I'm really sorry, but I really can't buy this "only for myself" justification.

^ Dude, quit with the badgering. She got implants because she wanted them. Her motivations don't need your approval. Move on.

Thank you. :)

QBall -- yes, it is possible for a woman to get implants for herself. I am in a relationship. I don't need breasts to impress anyone or to get my man. My man is actually a legs/ass man who was perfectly happy with my small breasts. But I've wanted implants for the last 10 years. This was a HUGELY personal decision. I did it for MYSELF. I don't walk around in low-cut tops or cut-off shirts or any of that. I wear regular clothes -- t-shirts, jeans, etc. I'm not out to impress anyone. Actually, I feel I wear LESS revealing clothes now that I have my implants. I'm more likely to wear sports bras because now sports bras don't make me look completely flat. I dress up a lot less now too because I have a more curvy body and I'm more comfortable with it, where as before I was insecure, so I would dress up in fancy clothes to make myself feel better and to make up for what I was lacking. Now I don't have to! I love my new look and that is all I care about. I truly did this for myself. I feel like these are the breast I was supposed to be born with, but God just forgot to give me! Like I've said before, to me, my implants are more real to me than all the padded bras I wore to feel better about myself. :hehe: I'm sorry you can't accept my "this is for myself" reasoning. But that's not my problem, it's yours. I don't care if I sound narcissitic. I'm the one who has to live with my body every day and I will never regret having this surgery.

Maybe some women get it for the attention or for men, but not all and certainly not me. :)

I don't need breasts to impress anyone or to get my man. My man is actually a legs/ass man who was perfectly happy with my small breasts. (...) This was a HUGELY personal decision.

That's very good to hear. Because it wouldn't be too nice if you got your implants to satisfy your boyfriend. I mean, there certainly are girls out there who do that, but it's really nice that you're not one of them.

Secondly - what is self-esteem? I believe it's confidence that you feel about yourself. That confidence influences your social interactions - AND the other way round. If you notice signs of approval, admiration or respect coming from other people, you automatically raise your self-esteem. I'm NOT saying: now that you have bigger breasts, you'll start dressing cheap or slutty, with huge cleavages and so on... Not at all. But you'll no longer hear rude comments (I don't know if there were any earlier, I hope not) or spot weird looks. Sure, you got implants for yourself, but only to a certain extent. You want to look better - not only to yourself, but also to other people, whether you realize it or not.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, just throwing in my two cents here. As I said earlier - I'm glad that the surgery went alright and you're happy now. That's always a good thing :)

• 2 weeks later...

^ Lol. That info is poorly out-dated and very wrong. Who writes that stuff anyway?

I did plenty of research. There are a lot of "anti-implant" websites out there that try to scare women. There are risks for everything. The truth is, you're more likely to die in a car accident than you are from breast implants. :whistle: But you drive a car every day, don't you?

And I love when people bash silicone... because even saline implants have a silicone shell. And what do you think hip replacements are made out of? Silicone.

Anyway, I could dispute almost everything on that website, but I won't because I don't have that much time, hahaha. If you do the research (I did 3 months of it!) and find a highly-respected and reputable surgeon, then you'll more than likely be fine. :) I've known women who had their implants 20+ years and had no problems! Those websites are just scare-tactics.

Oh, and for those of you nay-sayers about breast implants, I'd be happy to show you pictures of mine. :) They look amazingly real and feel completely natural. Obviously, you can't feel them, but you'll have take my word for it. They are great and several people on BZ have seen them already.

I want one so bad. Even more so with having heard your stories moiselles!

One day when I have the money I'll do it. =)

It is expensive, but oh-so worth it! I'd do it over again if I had to! I wish I had done it earlier! :) Just make sure to really research the plastic surgeons in your area. They need to be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, as well as a member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons. Go on at least 2 consultations with different doctors. :yes: Let me know when you're ready to do it! I'd love to talk to you more about it and I would definitely be supportive.

• 2 months later...
I want one so bad. Even more so with having heard your stories moiselles!

One day when I have the money I'll do it. =)

It is expensive, but oh-so worth it! I'd do it over again if I had to! I wish I had done it earlier! :) Just make sure to really research the plastic surgeons in your area. They need to be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, as well as a member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons. Go on at least 2 consultations with different doctors. :yes: Let me know when you're ready to do it! I'd love to talk to you more about it and I would definitely be supportive.

I like forgot about this thread. xD

Thanks so much! I am really excited one day to actually have breasts :D

I'll let you know when I can afford it (which will not be until I'm like 40! omg lmao)