Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

I hope everyone is enjoying the pictures! I've still got quite a few more to share (mostly Estee Lauder) but it'll probably be a few more days or so, as it takes some time to scan them in so they're nice and big and clear. If anyone has any to share, I'm sure we'd all like to see them (I know I would). :wave:

You have a stunning collection, and I am very appreciative! I am almost afraid to ask--do you have anything like this for Heather Stewart-Whyte? I'd be very grateful.

nightowl - I've not heard of Heather Stewart-Whyte. I'm sorry.

Finally your forum was a disaster

Whatever happened to Georgia? I wasn't happy about having my account deleted either, but I thought Georgia seemed like a friendly (and amazingly knowledgeable!) person. It's one of the other sad things about having your account deleted by the mods/admin: You lose contact with all the people you enjoyed talking to. :(

Thank you Jal for your beautiful covers, have you got some rare covers ?

I agree with Red, it takes time to make good scans. That's why I don't have anything tonight, maybe tomorow or after.

I'm not Claudia, sorry for you Joeh.

I bought the GQ magazine issue from april 1984 and I found no picture of Paulina. May be it's in another issue. I have 3 of these photos in a French Photo.

Un peu de français pour red, je n'ai toujours pas reçu les magasines sudafricains mais en attendant j'ai d'autres belles photos à scanner. J'habite près de Paris depuis 3 ans et je prévois d'aller fouiller un peu chez lesbouquinistes pour trouver d'anciens magasines avec Paulina.

A bientôt.

Kar, merci beaucoup pour le francais! :clap: :hell yea!: :ddr:

Do you have these two jal?

post-1120-1199319483_thumb.jpgpost-1120-1199319520_thumb.jpg

hi billaruda - I have the marie claire one, but I hestitate to post it because (gulp!) her nose is rubbed off! I got this cover from ebay and was soooo disappointed when it arrived! I'll post if you'd like a nice big picture of it - other than the nose, it's a fine cover. :unsure:

Whatever happened to Georgia? I wasn't happy about having my account deleted either, but I thought Georgia seemed like a friendly (and amazingly knowledgeable!) person. It's one of the other sad things about having your account deleted by the mods/admin: You lose contact with all the people you enjoyed talking to. :(

If I may ask, why/how do accounts get deleted? I hope I'm not opening Pandora's box by asking.... :lost:

Thank you Jal for your beautiful covers, have you got some rare covers ?

I bought the GQ magazine issue from april 1984 and I found no picture of Paulina. May be it's in another issue.

that's right, or maybe the pages were removed :blink: :cry: :(

you're right, Georgia is adorable :wub: but she got busy with personal life and abandoned the cyberworld :(

If I may ask, why/how do accounts get deleted? I hope I'm not opening Pandora's box by asking.... :lost:

it was one of those times where a person feels powerful when he/she is a moderator and then ruins everything. when you see a forum with 0 members you know something was wrong :laugh: :laugh:

If I may ask, why/how do accounts get deleted?

It’s a little bit like asking, “Why did the parent slap the child?” Sometimes the offensive behavior is the child’s. Sometimes the offensive behavior is actually the parent’s.

So, you ask “Why?”: Contributors to internet forums like this one sometimes use their anonymity to deliberately cause trouble, or “bait” other people into arguments by posting intentionally offensive, racist or hateful things. Or they are consistently argumentative or hostile. It happens, unfortunately. Or they post spam business or product offers, and the like. It happens, unfortunately. And when that happens, one of the forum moderators or one of the site administrators typically warns that person first, to please change their behavior, then deletes that user account (and also attempts to prevent that person from rejoining) if the offensive behavior continues.

But site administrators can also be less than benevolent. alisa had a pithy observation about that, I thought:

mods are like nazi, but members are generally the same...everywhere.

Though I do think Bellazon is a well-moderated and well-run site (apart from one site crash :wave: ).

sylvames is an administrator (on the Supermodel 90s forum, not Bellazon) who has deleted a few user accounts, I think, so possibly she will chime in about why she likes to do that.

And, you also ask, “How?”: A site administrator uses the forum software and chooses “delete user account”.

I was one of the users Sylvames deleted. You have to post a decent amount of pics on her site or your out. I found her site pretty boring as it had less then 20 members and as a lot of my stuff was ending up over, why try and maintain two sites. BZ is pretty classy and has a lot of good posts.