Bellazon

Alexandre Pato
Thumbnail

alexpato&marquez

Player Ratings: Milan 2-1 Inter

Carlo Garganese rates the players on show at San Siro yesterday afternoon…

Kalac – 6.5: Slightly nervy at times but made one excellent stop from Crespo’s one-on-one and also produced a smart stop from Maxwell’s free kick.

Bonera - 7: Impressive display from the former Parma man, who was equally adept both defensively and offensively. His crossing was also good.

Nesta – 7.5: Proved once again why he is one of, if not the best, centre back in the world. Gave a lesson in the art of slide tackling today.

Kaladze – 6.5: The Georgian breezed through the first 60 minutes without working up a sweat, but had to be alert as Inter upped the ante late in the game.

Favalli – 7: Excellent in the first half before he was forced off on 41 minutes with an ankle injury. Bombed forward repeatedly down the left-hand side. A real surprise.

Ambrosini – 9: Superb in the middle-of-the-park. Ambrosini was first to every ball, got stuck in, distributed well, and was a real leader. Created Kaka’s goal, and won his battle with Vieira hands down.

Gattuso – 7.5: Gattuso’s most impressive game for Milan possibly this season. Won every tackle he went in for, and was a real presence. Did tire though and was eventually substituted.

Pirlo – 6: Far from his best game, but still Pirlo started many of Milan’s moves with some neat and clever passes. His free kicks were disappointing.

Seedorf – 8.5: Such a delight to watch when he in this form. One of the few old-school number 10’s left in the game. Inter could not get the ball off him.

Kaka – 8.5: If it wasn’t already evident – Kaka is back. Created Milan’s first for Inzaghi, scored the second, while he also presented SuperPippo with two excellent chances in the first half. Rivas couldn’t handle him.

Inzaghi – 8.5: His movement is at times unplayable. Inzaghi broke the deadlock following a trademark run to the near post. He could have scored four today, twice being denied by Julio Cesar, and heading centimetres wide. Must go to Euro 2008.

Subs: Jankulovski 6, Brocchi 6, Pato 5.5

Pato Reveals Olympic Dream

Milan wonderkid Alexandre Pato has spoken of his dream to win a Gold medal with Brazil at this summer’s Olympics in Beijing.

The 18-year-old has burst onto the European scene since making his debut for Milan in January of this year.

This August, Pato could be at the centre of a tug-of-war between the Rossoneri and the Brazil Olympic football team.

The forward is likely to be selected for the games in China, however Milan will face their Champions League qualifying round at the same time, providing they qualify.

“It would be a shame to miss the first Champions League games because I would have liked to give my contribution in both competitions,” Pato told the Corriere dello Sport.

“I don’t know yet whether I will be selected for Beijing, but naturally I hope so.

“Brazil have never won a gold medal in football and to get one would mean entering the history books.”

Another Milan star who has previously expressed his wish to play at the Olympics is Kaka, however it is unlikely he will be permitted to play, as Pato admits.

“All I can say is that if things go well then it would be great to see him in the dressing room,” he concluded.

Pato Reflects On Debut Season

Milan striker Alexandre Pato has reflected upon his debut season for the Rossoneri.

The young Brazilian striking sensation has been a revelation at San Siro. Scoring on his debut against Napoli, he has gone on to score eight goals in 16 appearances for the club and he has analysed his first few months as a Milanista.

“I am growing up in Italian football after months of just training and watching the game from the stands,” Pato Italia Uno.

“Now I think about things differently compared to September, I saw a really difficult and competitive league but now I know that I can play well in it.

“The defenders are very intelligent in Serie A and I have to learn how they play in order to do well against them.

“I am always happy and ready to play, I just have to be patient.

“As for Pippo Inzghi, he’s a great player and he is in great form at the moment. He has to take Milan to the Champions League.

“Ronaldo? He’s always my idol, he is a good man and he has to return for us.”

Milan are on course for the Champions League this season but they need to ensure victory against Napoli and hope that Fiorentina slip up against Parma.

NAPOLI-MILAN

GOALKEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Offredi;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Digao, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic, Ambrosini;

MIDFIELDERS: Ba, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Pato.

MILAN-UDINESE

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Serginho, Simic, Ambrosini;

MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Pato.

Player Ratings: Milan 4-1 Udinese

AC Milan needed to win to stand a chance of earning their Champions League spot. They looked dead and buried after going a goal down in an uninspired first half. They did manage to reply with four in the second but it mattered little as Fiorentina won 0-1 at Torino to condemn the Rossoneri to the UEFA Cup for next season. Goal.com rates the performers on the pitch.

Kalac - 6.5: Made a few important saves in the first half to keep his side in the contest. Other than that, it was a fairly quiet evening for the Spider.

Oddo - 5.5: Was playing almost as an attacking winger in the first half to help carve open the Udinese defence. Allowed Di Natale the freedom to charge forward.

Bonera - 7: Had a shaky start but came into the game strongly and made a number of crucial tackles and interceptions.

Kaladze - 6: Didn’t quite have the pace to cope with Udinese’s counter attacking style. Looked more composed in the later stages of the game when the opponents went off the boil.

Favalli - 6: Never looked secure at the back. His over commitment to attack left far too much space for Simone Pepe to roam. He did, however, constantly provide his attacking wingers with the overlapping option.

Brocchi - 5: Ineffective. Could not provide the creative spark down the flank that Milan were so desperately seeking in the first half. Not surprised to be taken out at the break for Pato.

Pirlo - 7.5: Showed tremendous vision time and time again with some stunning long balls to split the visiting backline.

Ambrosini - 7: Strayed too far forward too often and that allowed Udinese to break forward with ease. Did link up well with Kaka and Seedorf in the final third of the pitch.

Kakà - 7: Very involved in the game and initiated almost every attacking move. Had about four excellent scoring chances but spurned all of them, including a penalty.

Seedorf - 8: His lively performance defies his age. He was carving out openings in both flanks and down the middle and just like Kaka, he was engaged in every attacking build up.

Inzaghi - 6.5: Had too many defenders mark him out of the game. Had more space and freedom when Pato came on. Should have scored more than just the one goal.

Substitutes:

Cafu - 7: Did well to clean up at the back. Wasn’t afraid to go forward, despite his aging legs. Scored a quite sumptuous goal to wrap up his playing career in style.

Pato - 8: What his teammates couldn’t do in 45 minutes, he managed to in just two. Caused all kinds of headaches for the Udinese defence and injected that extra attacking oomph that his team was missing in the first half.

Serginho - 6: Had a few attempts at goal from distance and will be disappointed he couldn’t sign off his career with a goal.

KAKA', PATO, DIGAO AND THE OLYMPICS: OFFICIAL DECLARATIONS OF MILAN

MILAN - The 2008 Olympics and the Brazilian national team. Here's the situation as made clear by the Rossoneri's general manager Adriano Galliani, who through a declaration to the Official Website ACMilan.com, he stated: "Ahead of the Chinese Olympic games, Milan confirms that they will allow the under 23 players like Alexandre Pato and Rodrigo Digao, who are currently in the pre-list of the called-up players, to take part. However, Milan will not allow this permission to an over 23 player like Kaka for the simple reason that the Brazilian champion is already part of the Brazilian national team. The Rossoneri's club does not believe that it is fair that Kaka is included in the official games of the Brazilian Olympic national team."

• 2 weeks later...

Ledesma Is A Thug – Pato

Milan wonderkid Alexandre Pato has launched a stunning attack on Lazio midfielder Cristian Ledesma, saying that he “massacred” him during a game earlier in the season.

Pato has had a superb start to life in Serie A, scoring nine goals in just 18 Serie A appearances since debuting in January.

In an interview with GQ Magazine, Pato has talked about his first season in Italy, and he has launched a scathing attack on Lazio’s Cristian Ledesma, who issued out some rough treatment to him during a game in March.

“I remember Cristian Ledesma repeatedly hitting me - massacring me,” stated the Brazilian.

"I was not bothered. Actually, I like playing this way. It has made me grow up.

“In Brazil, you get the ball and are allowed 20 seconds to look up and think about what you are going to do.

“Here, instead, you have three seconds to do something before someone like Ledesma arrives.”

Pato also expressed his wish that crocked team-mate Ronaldo recovers from injury so that he can play alongside him up-front.

“I would like it a lot if we could play together,” he said.

“We are really good friends.

“Ronnie is going through a rough patch at the moment. The media are always hounding him.

“Nevertheless, he has such a great character that I expect he will get over his injury and image problems.

“We talk all the time, but never about football. He always asks me how I am doing. It's crazy, Ronaldo is my idol.”

Pato Hopeful Of Ronaldo Return

Milan’s Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato would love to play alongside Ronaldo next term, despite Il Fenomeno’s injury woes.

Ronaldo, 31, is currently recovering from the knee injury which he suffered against Livorno earlier this season.

Il Fenomeno’s career hangs in the balance as the injury to his right knee could still be career-threatening. And although his recovery is going well so far, his recent altercation with three transvestite prostitutes in his native Brazil has done his legendary status no good whatsoever.

However, possible legend in the making, compatriot and team-mate Pato is hoping to play alongside his childhood hero once more.

“I would like it a lot if we could play together,” Pato, 17, told GQ magazine.

“We are really good friends.

“Ronnie is going through a rough patch at the moment. The media are always hounding him.

“Nevertheless, he has such a great character that I expect he will get over his injury and image problems.

“We talk all the time, but never about football. He always asks me how I am doing. It's crazy, Ronaldo is my idol.”

The teenage sensation also shared his opinion on the Italian game and it seems as if he had to learn fast the hard way.

“I remember Cristian Ledesma repeatedly hitting me - massacring me. I was not bothered. Actually, I like playing this way. It has made me grow up,” said Pato

“In Brazil, you get the ball and are allowed 20 seconds to look up and think about what you are going to do.

“Here, instead, you have three seconds to do something before someone like Ledesma arrives.”

Pato scored nine goals in 18 games for Milan this season and in that explosive form he is sure to be one of the best in future if he continues working hard at San Siro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...