Bellazon

Official max height for high fashion/runway models?

NagaJolokia

The least is 5'8 unless your an exception like Kate Moss, Devon Aoki, Jarah Mariano or Laeticia Casta. And the max is 6'0 or 6'1.

Did they change the min.?

No they didnt change the minimum. For high fashion runways and editorials the minimum height requirement starts at 5'8 and the maximum height is usually 6'0 but there are some 6'1 models working in the industry. Although some modeling agencys do take on girls if they're not 5'8 but usually you can only get photographic work but it won't be high fashion. Like for example Devon Aoki is 5'5, Kate Moss 5'6, Laeticia Casta 5'7, Josie Maran 5'7 and Jarah Mariano 5'7.5 they all work in the industry and have some big contracts but the thing is they were all discovered by scouts etc when they were really young like 15 etc and when the modeling agencys signed them I guess they thought they might grown some more but most didn't grow that much but by the time they had been working for years, they had become such big names their height wasn't such a big deal like Devon Aoki (i think the shortest high fashion model that i know of). It basically depends if you have such a strong and unique look that an angency is willing to sign you on whether or not your quite 5'8.

PS i take it your trying to become a model?

The least is 5'8 unless your an exception like Kate Moss, Devon Aoki, Jarah Mariano or Laeticia Casta. And the max is 6'0 or 6'1.

Did they change the min.?

No they didnt change the minimum. For high fashion runways and editorials the minimum height requirement starts at 5'8 and the maximum height is usually 6'0 but there are some 6'1 models working in the industry. Although some modeling agencys do take on girls if they're not 5'8 but usually you can only get photographic work but it won't be high fashion. Like for example Devon Aoki is 5'5, Kate Moss 5'6, Laeticia Casta 5'7, Josie Maran 5'7 and Jarah Mariano 5'7.5 they all work in the industry and have some big contracts but the thing is they were all discovered by scouts etc when they were really young like 15 etc and when the modeling agencys signed them I guess they thought they might grown some more but most didn't grow that much but by the time they had been working for years, they had become such big names their height wasn't such a big deal like Devon Aoki (i think the shortest high fashion model that i know of). It basically depends if you have such a strong and unique look that an angency is willing to sign you on whether or not your quite 5'8.

PS i take it your trying to become a model?

That last bit about some fully grown models being shorter than the min. b/c they were taken in when they were so young and thought of as still growing was very understandable and a new take on the height criterion for me. Thanks.

No, I am definitely not trying to become a high fashion/runway/editorial model. Or, even commerical. If anything, I'd rather be a fitness or parts model. But, I am not passionate about idea.