Bellazon

Bianca Balti

tooltip-body.png

Bianca Balti Fronts Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Campaign

Adding to its roster of undeniably sexy, confident women, Dolce & Gabbana announced last week that Bianca Balti would be joining the ranks of women fronting the Italian house's beauty line in the new Light Blue campaigns. Balti is no stranger to the duo's world; she's been working with them since she started modeling nine years ago. "They were my first contract ever!" she told us. "I started out exclusively with them and have been with them since."

ELLE.com sat down with the Italian beauty to discuss her relationship with the brand and her excitement over her future with the famed Italian house.

ELLE:
Did you expect to move into beauty with Dolce & Gabbana after being with them for so long?

Bianca Balti:
It made sense that I would do something with the fragrances. I have been with them for nine years, can you believe that! It's proof that our relationship means a lot to all of us, for them to make me the face of their famed fragrance.

ELLE:
Does your fame as a model ever surprise you?

BB:
It does in a way. I guess I do have a face that sells makeup well, I have blue eyes and big lips so that helps [
laughs
], I'm an easy beauty. I am very lucky, there are so many models that look so particular and become the popular of-the-moment models. They have such a unique and special look, whereas I am more classic looking. Every model aspires to get contracts, so I have been very lucky with Dolce & Gabbana to be able to get that before I even really started as a model.

ELLE:
Do you hope to expand your presence in their beauty line?

BB:
I hope so. I look at Monica [belluci] who has been with the boys for 25 years, and I hope I can do that, too. Dolce & Gabbana has this family kind of vision for their brand. They need young girls as much as they need women in their forties. I hope that in 15 years I'm playing the mother in the ads like Monica does. I hope I age like her!

ELLE:
Have you learned any beauty secrets from your family?

BB:
[
Laughs
] You know what? I've never seen my mother wear makeup. I've never even seen her put face cream on and she still manages to have no wrinkles and be so beautiful. I've learned more from makeup artists in my nine years of modeling than from my mother. She always told me not to wear any makeup. I try to keep my skin and hair clean and give them a rest when I'm not working.

ELLE:
You're such an icon to a lot of women, who do you look up to?

BB:
I really love women that manage to be amazing in their age. Obviously Monica, she is 45 and still the face of the brand. And Jane Fonda! In the '70s she was so beautiful and to this day, she still is.