Bellazon

Nirvana
Thumbnail

safin83

Nirvana are pretty darn good i reckon . . .

i dig Nirvana . . . i understand why people say that they are overrated ('cos i used to think that) but they still rock and made some great music! :)

btw, i heard that 'Rape Me' is about mental rape and people stealing others ideas

I used to be a hardcore Nirvana fan. I would wear their T-shirts, read books about them, listen to all their albums for the most of the week... I was a youngster back then. Those were good times, I have a huge sentiment for them now.

I have a respect for this band, although I don't listen to them anymore. I guess I've kinda grown up. Nevertheless, Kurt was a really talented songwriter. Maybe not a talented guitarist, but a talented songwriter, definitely. I like the simplicity of his songs and emotions stored in them.

I used to be a hardcore Nirvana fan. I would wear their T-shirts, read books about them, listen to all their albums for the most of the week... I was a youngster back then. Those were good times, I have a huge sentiment for them now.

I have a respect for this band, although I don't listen to them anymore. I guess I've kinda grown up. Nevertheless, Kurt was a really talented songwriter. Maybe not a talented guitarist, but a talented songwriter, definitely. I like the simplicity of his songs and emotions stored in them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't agree with you more, Kurt was a very good songwriter. But he wasn't the best guitarist around, he wrote good songs though.

I realize that this is just my opinion...

But Nirvana is HIGHLY overrated. In fact, they're easily the most overrated band of the 20th century.

THEY BLOW!!

Flame on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, let me say that I am a Nirvana fan..and I don`t see how THEY BLOW..but I respect your opinion.

However, maybe they are a bit overrated as a band, but I feel that Kurt as an artist is underrated..I don`t know if that makes any sence.

• 3 weeks later...

whoa, havent been to this thread in a long time. ill agree with you guys- shitty guitar player, but brilliant songwriter!

i dont know if overrated is the correct word, maybe overexposed would be better, but i still love this band nonetheless. maybe you guys think there overrated because everyone says they were the greatest band ever, obviously alot of people dont agree with that, which would explain you guys thinking they are overrated

The whole 'overrating' thing comes from the fact, that many people used to (and still many people now) indicate how important Nirvana was for the rock scene.

And the fact is, they WERE significant, but they were also only a part of the movement that emerged in the early 90s in Seattle. And not only grunge did well then. Bands like Guns N' Roses, Metallica or _______ (insert other bands here) released great albums at the beginning of the previous decade. So, many things were going on. And Nirvana had something to say, too. It was Nevermind.

The whole 'overrating' thing comes from the fact, that many people used to (and still many people now) indicate how important Nirvana was for the rock scene.

And the fact is, they WERE significant, but they were also only a part of the movement that emerged in the early 90s in Seattle. And not only grunge did well then. Bands like Guns N' Roses, Metallica or _______ (insert other bands here) released great albums at the beginning of the previous decade. So, many things were going on. And Nirvana had something to say, too. It was Nevermind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that pretty much sums up everything.

Safin I agree, I wouldn`t call them overrated..they had good music..but they`re overhyped in a sence. I don`t think they`re the best band ever...not close.

• 3 weeks later...

my opinoin, if u all care, which i know no one does, im a harsh critic

I used to like nirvana, alot. i started playing guitar, and stopped liking them and realized how over rated they are, and how over rated KURT is. i dont see how some say hes a great songwriter, now that title needs to go to dylan..... not KURT, ive read his biography, it was a decent read, but really, people who think kurt didnt shoot himself, get over it. hes dead, y does it matter, he wanted to be dead anyway.... In utero was a decent album, Nevermind was commercialy sucessful, and it sucked..... Kids dedicate their lives to Kurt Cobain, all i can say, id pick a different role model.... Kurt shouldnt be inducted into the great songwriter category..... as for what nirvana did for rock?.... what about alice in chains, the 1 band who didnt recieve ne credit for nething.... because of nirvana Alice in chains should be the ones u kids should worship

Not a Nirvana fan either. Kurt Cobain was not a good lyricist. They were only famous because he was good-looking and managed to create a legend out of himself by his suicide. Couldn't play guitar for shit either.

Dave Grohl makes me laugh though. And the bassist...Nick whatisname...he's such a dork.

Not a Nirvana fan either. Kurt Cobain was not a good lyricist. They were only famous because he was good-looking and managed to create a legend out of himself by his suicide. Couldn't play guitar for shit either.

Dave Grohl makes me laugh though. And the bassist...Nick whatisname...he's such a dork.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When was Kurt good-looking? He never washed his hair, he was skinny and sometimes forgot to shave... I don't know, let the girls speak.

Why does Dave make you laugh? I mean, I know, he's a funny guy, but besides that he's a really good drummer and songwriter, as well.

And the bassist's name is Krist Novoselic. Yeah, he looked a bit dumb.