Bellazon

Nirvana
Thumbnail

safin83

some more meanings behind songs:

Blew - The whole song conveys themes of entrapment

Floyd the Barber - A song about a small town that goes bad, the title is taken from a character on The Andy Griffith Show. Everyone turns out to be a mass-murderer.

Negative Creep - the first person narrative from an anti social person

Something in the Way - A song about Kurt's experiences living under a bridge when he was kicked out of home

Sliver - A semi-biographical song about being deserted by your parents

Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle - A song about the story of Frances Farmer, who was declared insane and lobotomized

Pennyroyal Tea - A song about making a tough decision and the difficult choices around it and the guilt following it. Pennyroyal Tea is an abortive substance

I've always loved Nirvana :D I can still remember the day i heard Kurt died :(. I couldn't believe it this genious musician was gone, i've been sad and angry about it a long time. I too believe he didn't kill himself..

Rape me - In Kurt's words, the song is a sort of poetic justice. A guy rapes a girl, he ends up in jail, and is raped there

I heard in an interview that the meaning of this song is about the recordlabels abusing (raping) their artist to make a lot of money