Bellazon

Marloes Horst
Thumbnail

Fialka

FMD - Fashion Model Directory

MODEL OF THE MONTH

Cutting a stunning figure at 5'8.5", it's little wonder that young Dutch model Marloes Horst is in such demand. At 18, Marloes signed up with IMG Paris and in the same year, she appeared in British Elle. She also graced the covers of Italian D, Italian Grazia and Italian Elle. The following year, she left IMG and signed with Next. The next two years saw Marloes' profile soar. She took to the catwalk in September 2008, at Prada's spring show in Milan, before signing a fragrance contract with Valentino the following year. Also in 2009 she was photographed by Glen Luchford, Alessandro Dal Buoni and KT Auleta, amongst others. In the latter part of the year, she appeared in publications such as Italian Marie Claire, Dazed & Confused and Russian Vogue. Marloes appeared in British Harper's Bazaar in January 2010. Later on that year she took to the catwalk at Chanel's resort show in St. Tropez, as well as again appearing in Russian Vogue. As of 2011 she is the face of Calvin Klein and has also appeared in Glamour's editorial in March. Marloes’ success in all aspects of the modelling world is a sure sign that she’ll be around for a long time to come.

Did you always wanted to be a model, or did you stumble upon it, get discovered etc.? Who or what inspired you to become a model? How did you get started in the modeling business?

I never was really into fashion,but the thought of being one of those girls in the magazine that I readed was cool.So my best friend and I made some pictures in her garden and sent them to agencies. I got some reactions back and I went to visite them. That's how it all started.

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?

I love to travel and to see new places,so its difficult to decide for one country. Hmm..lets say Brazil,I had never been there before my shooting for Pirelli calender and I had a great time. Its very beautiful country,and people are so kind.I realy enjoyed and for sure I ll go again.

Who are your favorite fashion designers?

Marc Jacobs

What era would you like to bring back?

Golden age of Hollywood and style of that era.

Who is your style icon?

Marilyn Monroe

How much attention do you pay to meditation & exercise, or is it all natural? How do you stay in shape?

There is a bit of natural,but I do execises too.I have a trainer in New York,so I work with him.I love him because he makes working out fun!When I’m somewhere else I run and do exercises in my hotel room.I love to dance and that make me in shape too.

What makes you feel sexy?

Good,sexy and comfortable underwear.

What is your favorite part about your body?

I love my lips I think they are sexy heheh :)

Favorite kind of food:

Strawberries

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?

Hmmm,I cant choose just one…maybe teleportation! Traveling are tiring,and with teleportation I will be wherever I want in few seconds. And then for sure I would go home every day,because I miss my family and my friends.

What are your favorite things to do in your free time?

Sleeping, dancing,surfing and hanging out with my friends.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?

In this jobe.I love it,so I ll do something related to fashion for sure.

Do people act different around you since you’ve become a model?

No,I still have my old friends..and I meet new one and that is great about this work.Im just an ordinary girl in fashion industry :)

If you could change one thing in the past years, what would it be?

Nothing,I love my life.

Happiness is…

When you're surrounded with family, true friends…or rather when you are surrounded with people that loves you.that is important and all the rest will come if you work hard.

Marloes,xxx

Thank you Marloes for this great interview!

note: all answers are original and unaltered - Editor:Iva