Bellazon

Alice Burdeu
Thumbnail

SHe also did 2 of the biggest shows in paris, lanvin and louis vuitton, and fu*&^%$ rocked it. She also did other major shows like celine, sophia kokosalaki, rue du mail, dries van noten and opened jean paul de castlebac!

So proud of our little aussie. She truely proved to the top model judges that not only are they idiots, they dont know a good international model when they have one in front of them. I truely hope she appears in at least french or italian vogue, cause that wil just seal her repuatation. Or even better, she gets work with top photographers like steven miesel or patrick demarchelier who only work with 'top models'.

Bring on the fall/winter ad campaigns!!!!

PS my personal best looks for her were at proenza, alexander mcqueen, lanvin, louis vuitton and celine!!

• 1 month later...

Well she has just shot a D&G campaign & will be back on our shores within wks for front row seating @ RAFW. :) :o :o :)

Check out this article:

AUSTRALIA'S NEXT TOP MODEL LAUNCHED

Australia's Next Top Model publicity team has really cranked it up this week in preparation for the start of the show's fourth series on Fox 8 on 22 April at 7.30pm.

Last years winner and international success story Alice Burdeau will be flying in next week. I am not sure if this is timed to coincide with the start of the show, or to do with some lined up commitments with Vogue. She will doing a shoot, plus be an ambassador at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.

Last night the show was launched and Vogue editor Kirstie Clements said this year's contenders had not produced the 'obvious' winner she saw in Alice last year.

Alice's success overseas has definitely validated the show as a launch pad to a modelling career.

In an article yesterday in the Daily Terror Alex Perry one of the judges said at a glance, Burdeu can a look a plain Jane, and one of the interesting aspects of the show is that it explains the mysteries of fashion modelling.

Perry says the interpretation of beauty is a big thing.

"The girls who are the most famous and achieve that really high status are never the beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed beach babe that people think Australia's Next Top Model should be,"

"They are not the girls who work for Vogue international and do all those international shows. It's getting down to basic, it's the bone structure those girls have.

For success on the show Perry states:

"They have to have the whole thing,"

"Their bodies have to be perfect, their skin has to be flawless and they have to have good personalities and can get on with a lot of people - and translate that on to film."

Personally I didn't think someone like that existed.

It was interesting to read that judges avoid footage of the girls in the mansion which does show a more realistic view of the contestants personalities.

"We hear a few reports but the only thing we see weekly is the elimination process and we never see them at home, "

"When I finally watch it going to air, it surprises me, some of the behaviour, and if I was watching that as it was happening during judging, it would taint my view.

"Some girls last year - I thought "Are you kidding me?"

"So I prefer to go on what they've done on the catwalk and in photographs. It's not a personality competition -it's about what they can deliver as a model."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...