Bellazon

Markus Näslund
Thumbnail

Laffy

Markus Näslund

Markus Näslund (born July 30, 1973, in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden) is a professional Swedish ice hockey player and is currently the captain of the Vancouver Canucks in the NHL. He is often referred to as "Nazzy" by Canucks fans. Markus plays left wing, wears the jersey #19 and has been with the Canucks for eleven years. Before signing with the Canucks he was orginally drafted by the Pittsuburgh Penguins in 1991. Näslund has been featured in advertisments for Nike along with fellow hockey heavyweights such as Jerome Iginla and Roberto Luongo. When he is off the ice, Markus is married to his highschool sweetheart Lotta and they have three children, Rebecca, Isabella, and Alex.

He has been the repient of the following awards:

- Named the Canucks Most Valuable Player in 1999.

- Awarded the Cyrus McLean Trophy in 1999 and 2000.

- Awarded the Molson Cup Award in 2001.

- Awarded the Cyclone Taylor Award in 2001.

- Named to the NHL First All-Star Team in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

- Played in the NHL All-Star Game in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.

- Nominated for the Hart Memorial Trophy in 2003.

- Awarded the Lester B. Pearson Award in 2003.

And has set the following world records:

- Junior World Championships' record for most goals scored in a single tournament: 13 (1993)

- Vancouver Canucks franchise goals leader: 321

post-5803-1179617701_thumb.jpg

post-5803-1179617739_thumb.jpg

post-5803-1179617774_thumb.jpg

post-5803-1179617909_thumb.jpg

post-5803-1179617972_thumb.jpg

post-5803-1179618186_thumb.jpg

post-5803-1179618246_thumb.jpeg

Sooooo, what do you guys think? My sister is obsessed with this guy and I think that he looks very good for a hockey player. He's not your stereotypical really ugly and scary hockey player that is in serious need of teeth and a shave (if you wanna see that look up Todd Bertuzzi) Nazzy's also a really good player! So, besides being gawjuss, hes got some skillz :blueeyedbaby: (He's never won the Stanley Cup, but that's because most the the players on the Canucks suck <_< )

• 3 weeks later...

hockey love :heart: markus näslund <3 from örnsköldsvik i think? well peter forsberg is and they grew up playing hockey together im too lazy to read the big paragraph you wrote ^^ is he your favorite hockey player?

• 3 weeks later...
hockey love :heart: markus näslund <3 from örnsköldsvik i think? well peter forsberg is and they grew up playing hockey together im too lazy to read the big paragraph you wrote ^^ is he your favorite hockey player?

:chicken:

Oh my god someone replied!!

I love you fallout girl!

Yes he's my favourite hockey player! I'm from Vancouver so I have to support the Canucks and he's the captain.

Yah I have some pics of Him and Forsberg when they were really young. I also have a picture of them both recieving keys to the city of örnsköldsvik. Yay! I'll post them sometime on monday though because I'm going to be very busy this weekend.

You like hockey too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...