Bellazon

Miguel Torres
Thumbnail

footballfan#7

Athletic Club vs. Real Madrid

Goalkeepers: Casillas and Dudek.

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Marcelo, Torres, Drenthe.

Midfielders: Diarra, Guti, Gago, Robben, Sneijder, Baptista, and Robinho.

Forwards: Raúl, Van Nistelrooy, and Saviola.

Torres, Baptista & Pepe

"It is important to stand strong in games as complicated as tonight's"

Miguel Torres, Julio Baptista and Pepe were happy with the victory. The three of them highlighted the team's attitude and hard work.

Miguel Torres

"It was a complicated game, but we stood our ground and won. I honestly didn't expect to play today and I want to thank the coach and the team for their help. I need to play more games in order to build up my confidence. These three points are not a gift. We worked hard to take them and we must now celebrate. These points give us confidence and allow us to continue being leaders in the competition."

Julio Baptista

"We all worked well and, happily, we won. We proved to be consistent. I'm getting into better form gradually and the coach is having a lot of faith in me. I'm very grateful to him and I hope not to let him down."

Pepe

"Things turned out well. I try to communicate with my teammates as much as possible because I think it is essential for us to be coordinated. The match was hard; us defenders had to fight it out with the strikers a lot and they were very tall and physical. We now have to think about the match with Lazio because there is a lot at stake. I hope we win and go through to the next round of the Champions League."

• 2 weeks later...