footballfan#7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Miguel Torres at AS

by unamadridista

Q: Miguel Torres playing against Madrid…

A: I played in the Bernabéu last year and when you leave from there, you know that you’re going to have to face them. I won’t deny that it’s a special game. In addition, last year I couldn’t play in the Coliseum and so I’m very excited. I have a debt towards Getafe and I want to win. It was difficult to take the decision to leave Madrid, but I wanted to play more and not everything in life is “white.” I made the right choice.

Q: What was it about Getafe that made you believe it was the right decision?

A: It’s a humble team with the footballing ideas of a big team. It helped that Míchel was there, along with some of the players from the best youth academies of Spain, not only that of Madrid. Here, you can progress, you play important games and I’m next to my hometown.

Q: You left Madrid more than one year ago and now there’s hardly anyone left from your time there.

A: Everything goes very quickly there. It’s always been like that, but I maintain the friendships with a lot of former teammates, even though some aren’t at Madrid anymore. In the end, what’s left is the person, and not the escudo. I have a ton of friends in Madrid.

Q: What do you expect from the first visit of the post-Raúl Madrid?

A: Raúl will always be a reference, and this year he would have played a lot. Madrid is playing spectacularly now and it’s almost impossible to do any damage to them. They hardly have any weak points, but that’s why the coaching staff is there, to tell us what they are and for us to try and take advantage of them.

Q: Los blancos always suffer in the Coliseum.

A: From my experience, I know that Madrid has a bad time here. I played two times here with Madrid and lost.

Q: You’ll be matched up against Di María…

A: I didn’t know of him at all and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. He changes the tempo of the game easily and he works very hard for the team.