Bellazon

Need help analyzing couple's body language for school project

scriptgirl

you seem to have a lot of weird subjects :blink:

No evidence to suggest that they aren't close because there is bodily contact in an affectionate manner, although they are posing for the camera in a public event :ninja: Nothing overly affectionate though, save for the first pic, but once again you must take into account that they are in the public domain and might not be the kind of people that show too much affection in a public setting. If you're trying to analyse their relationship, you won't be able to do it with just the information in these pictures unless you're a pro that's seen it all :ninja:

Social Psych, ehh??? I know more about persuasion and marketing tactics, but I will give it a shot at non-verbal behavior. Ed is a great resource too!!!

Oh, there is this other guy who u might to google. He does research on this type of stuff. He was on 20/20 a few years ago: Robert Feldman.

I don't think they are that close b/c in the pictures it seems like forced affection to me.

I know nothing about psychology as anyone on this board will tell you but it seems fun to try and analyse :nicole:

and Pinks, I considered that they aren't close because the male always doesn't seem to be smiling and the female's smile doesn't seem to be genuinely happy (the first picture being the exception) but these are possible products of being in front of the cameras :idk: The male may not be much of a smiler but I think some dates on those photos and possibly some more photos, maybe candids would be a lot more revealing. The second last picture is an example of closeness and you can even some white teeth from the guy :rofl: but some time stamps would be useful just to see if you can cluster the smiling vs non-smiling picks into different time frames, which could possibly indicate something about their relationship :ninja:

or you could ask a ninja :shifty: :ninja:

I think the girl is more into the guy than the guy into the gir because she is making contact with him where he is just sort of standing there. Also anytime there is another person he is making contact with them. But who am I to say?

I know nothing about psychology as anyone on this board will tell you but it seems fun to try and analyse :nicole:

and Pinks, I considered that they aren't close because the male always doesn't seem to be smiling and the female's smile doesn't seem to be genuinely happy (the first picture being the exception) but these are possible products of being in front of the cameras :idk: The male may not be much of a smiler but I think some dates on those photos and possibly some more photos, maybe candids would be a lot more revealing. The second last picture is an example of closeness and you can even some white teeth from the guy :rofl: but some time stamps would be useful just to see if you can cluster the smiling vs non-smiling picks into different time frames, which could possibly indicate something about their relationship :ninja:

I told you you would be helpful :D I was also thinking maybe they aren't really into PDA, but there still should be some non-verbal cues that would indicate otherwise if my theory is correct :idk:

What do u think ninja? :ninja:

You are very observant :ninja:

The first pic was taken in March, the rest of them were taken in 2005, with the exception of the pic where he has the cig behind his earand the pic where she is wearing that same dress was taken in 2004. the pic where he is sandwichced between the girl and another woman were taken in 2006

I will just analyze the couple based on the pictures, without taking into consideration of other things, e.g. the fact that they are in public, etc.

The girl seems to be more into the guy, or at least has a warmer personality. She is usually seen to be the one leaning towards the guy and smiling affectionately. The guy does not seem very interested (in whatever it is) based on his expressions. He might not be entirely comfortable as he seems to be backing away from the girl in some pictures.

Okay, that's about what I can think of. :)