Bellazon

Elena Kountoura
Thumbnail

Korravai

post-18834-0-1446025804-02148_thumb.jpghttp://www.eawc.org/?q=E_KOUNTOURA

post-18834-1229897168_thumb.jpgpost-18834-1229897175_thumb.jpg

Born in Athens, daughter of a retired Officer of the Hellenic Army. Mrs. Elena Kountoura is married to Mr. Sarandis Papachristopoulos and has two sons, Alexander and Marios.

Being interested in sports from her youth, she joined the Greek National Gymnastics Association at the age of 11. She broke the national record in 100m block and high jump several times and received both national and international athletic recognition.

She studied Physical Education and Sports Science at the University of Athens .

She speaks three languages: French, English and Spanish

Professional Details

1984 to 1996: International Career in the Fashion Industry

Paris being her permanent basis, she traveled all around the world, cooperated with many prestigious designers and magazines and signed an exclusive contract with the multinational cosmetics company Shiseido. During the 1990's she was established as a supermodel, with CNN declaring her as one of the top 10 models of the world.

1996 to 2003: Chief Editor of several Greek lifestyle Magazines

Starting her career in the media as chief editor of numerous Greek lifestyle magazines with a broad social content, she was the initiator of the award of The Woman of the Year. In 2001, she established together with her husband, Mr. Sarandis Papachristopoulos, well-known athlete and successful participant in the Greek National Basketball team, their own publishing company.

From 2004: Member of the Hellenic Parliament

MP for the A' District of Athens with the NEW DEMOCRACY Party. She participates in the following Parliamentary Committees: the Special Permanent Committee on Equality and Human Rights, the Special Permanent Committee on Environmental Protection and the Standing Committee on Cultural and Educational Affairs, which concerns Cultural, Educational and Sports subjects. Furthermore, Mrs. Kountoura comprises the Alternate Shadow Minister of Culture of the New Democracy Party and she is also a party member in the Committees of Tourism, Health and Social Solidarity.

Political and Social Engagement

Mrs. Kountoura engages and develops a very strong social and philanthropic activity. She participates in numerous Non-Governmental-Organizations, such as UNICEF,

Wow yet another amazing new thread!!! And what an incredible lady, I hope she becomes Greek Prime Minister one day!

Btw I just wanted to ID an image you posted...

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?act...t&id=685227

I think the other 2 models are Dehanne and Claire Atkinson...

http://www.modelscomposites.com/getlist.ph...ne&year=all

http://www.modelscomposites.com/getlist.ph...on&year=all

;)

DANKE! I've been wondering who they are (and I THINK I've finally memorized Claire's face....so I won't clutter up your nice thread with all those random models :cain: )

Isn't it weird... I never have a problem with Claire but I struggle with ID-ing Elena, who (btw) seems to get more and more stunningly beautiful everytime I see her! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...