Bellazon

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

PinkCouture

The first episode was entertaining but pretty sophomoric.

But I guess I hadn't really considered who the target audience is. I'm guessing HS kids?

LOL...kinda :p It meant for all ages and those who might not have a good knowledge about basic science. Something families could watch together :)

I thought I'd put this news headline here due to how fitting it is:

- Major Discovery: 'Smoking Gun' for Universe's Incredible Big Bang Expansion Found -
By by Mike Wall, Senior Writer | SPACE.com

Astronomers have found the first direct evidence of cosmic inflation, the theorized dramatic expansion of the universe that put the "bang" in the Big Bang 13.8 billion years ago, new research suggests.

Full article: http://www.space.com/25078-universe-inflation-gravitational-waves-discovery.html

Ah perfect, I really hope they covered DNA for more then what it stands for but down to the molecular and atomic level to at least familiarize people about guanine, adenine, thymine, and cytosine (yes I had to look that part up, G, A, T, C smily%20new%20one.gif) and how they come about to form what we know of as DNA :hehe:

:rofl:"An an usual amount of breaking news for the southern states" reports a local news outlet :D

It would have been tricky to pull off, with the countless times there was a mention of evolution. :D

I enjoy the show for what it is, but I have been too much of a nerd with this stuff since HS to really be surprised by any of it...

Though I think the idea that dogs largely self-domesticated is a rather recent one (relatively speaking).

It's been accepted much longer that cats almost completely self-domesticated.

Ah perfect, I really hope they covered DNA for more then what it stands for but down to the molecular and atomic level to at least familiarize people about guanine, adenine, thymine, and cytosine (yes I had to look that part up, G, A, T, C smily%20new%20one.gif) and how they come about to form what we know of as DNA :hehe:

:rofl:"An an usual amount of breaking news for the southern states" reports a local news outlet smily%20new%20one.gif

Unfortunately the episode did not go that in depth :/ It was very basic b/c I think it would take too long to go into that much detail. It might also confuse and/or bored the average person.

"An an usual amount of breaking news for the southern states" <--- :rofl:

I enjoy the show for what it is, but I have been too much of a nerd with this stuff since HS to really be surprised by any of it...

For those who have above-average knowledge about science the show might not be very interesting :no2:

Some of the stuff they talk about I studied in HS but have forgotten so I do enjoy the refresher :D

For those who have above-average knowledge about science the show might not be very interesting :no2:

Some of the stuff they talk about I studied in HS but have forgotten so I do enjoy the refresher :D

I wouldn't say I have an above average knowledge, but I have had an interest in this stuff since forever.

I did like the fact that they mentioned that there have been five great mass extinctions, most people only know of the one that killed the dinosaurs (and don't realize that one was relatively "mild" compared to at least two of the others).

Unfortunately the episode did not go that in depth :/ It was very basic b/c I think it would take too long to go into that much detail. It might also confuse and/or bored the average person.

"An an usual amount of breaking news for the southern states" <--- :rofl:

Gah! :pinch: I was hoping they would as there are many simple animations they could of worked on to easily explain what all that was. I would hope at the least people understood what atoms were and how they come into play with building matter. Oh well, I guess something or anything to entice the inner curiosity for science for those who are unaware eh?

That or just a bunch of Church's Chicken commercials :rofl: