Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

A judge ruled Wednesday that Casey Kasem's daughter, Kerri was allowed to withhold medication, food and fluids from her ailing father. The Top 40 host and longtime radio personality is suffering from sepsis and dementia, as well as Parkinson's.

"Transitioning our father's treatment to comfort-oriented care was one of the hardest decisions we've ever had to make," Kerri writes on her Facebook page.

She assures that the goal is for her father to not be in pain.

"For people who do not understand the natural dying process: Giving food and water to a dying body creates pain and further suffering. The body does not want or require food or water anymore in the dying process. My father can no longer digest foods and fluids fill his lungs up and will suffocate him. My Dad IS on pain meds."

Kerri says the family has been gathered around Casey, 82, who is in a Washington hospital.

"For the last 11 days, our father has been surrounded day and night by love and care by his daughters Kerri and Julie, his son Mike, his brother Mouner and sister-in-law Mary, and his dear friend Gonzalo Venecia."

She added that they "hope" for Kasem's wife, Jean, who has been fighting with the kids over Casey's care, and Jean's daughter, Liberty, will join them.

Legendary actress Ruby Dee has died, a family spokeswoman confirmed today.

She was 91.

Dee died of natural causes at her New Rochelle, New York, home surrounded by family, the spokeswoman said.

Born Ruby Ann Wallace, Dee, a graduate of New York City's Hunter College, appeared on Broadway before rocketing to national fame for her role as Rae Robinson in the 1950 film "The Jackie Robinson Story." She would go on to appear in films including "A Raisin in the Sun" and "Edge of the City," and TV shows including "Police Woman" and "The Golden Girls."

Nominated for eight Emmy Awards, she won in 1990 for her performance in the made-for-TV movie "Decoration Day."

A Grammy winner for best spoken-word album, Dee was also nominated for a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in the 2007 film "American Gangster."

Dee, who battled breast cancer a few decades back, is survived by the three children she had with her late husband, actor Ossie Davis: Guy, Nora Day and Hasna Muhammad.

A private service will be held for family and friends. A public memorial will be held at a later date.

• 3 weeks later...

NOO IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME CARRYING HIS SEED :cry: :cry: :cry: Life ruined.

Eva Mendes Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Ryan Gosling!

Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are reportedly expecting their first child together, a friend of the actress confirms to People.

Rumors that the 40-year-old actress and 33-year-old actor are expecting surfaced earlier today, and a source apparently confirmed to some outlets that Eva is seven months along in her pregnancy!

Eva and Ryan have been together since 2011 and have been notoriously very private about their romance.

Eva was last seen out and about in March of this year.

Stay tuned to JustJared.com as we wait for an official confirmation.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

http://www.justjared.com/2014/07/09/eva-mendes-pregnant-expecting-baby-with-ryan-gosling-report/

RIP Eileen

Eileen Ford, who co-founded Ford Models with her husband Jerry in 1946 – essentially inventing the modern modeling business, and exerting enormous influence on the world's views of human beauty – has died at 92. 

She had been hospitalized last week after suffering a fall at her New York apartment. 

In a statement to PEOPLE about her mother, Katie Ford said: 

"Eileen loved Jerry and her family and her friends, as well as Le Cirque, football, ballet, bellini's, Benny Goodman, “21”, books on history, the New York Post and The New York TimesSeinfeld, The Stork Club, her flower garden, The Ritz in Paris, champagne and caviar; great food and deli; Harry's Bar in Venice, Frank & Ella, Aquavit, Quogue, Fairfield, Oldwick, the townhouse on 78th Street, beautiful models, photographers, fashion, Fred Astaire, and life in general. 

"She was interested in everyone, and truly LOVED her husband of 64 years, Jerry, and her children, Jamie, Billy, Katie and Lacey, and her brothers Tom, Bill, and Bobby, and her grandchildren Tiger, Gerard, Jamie, Gered, Alessandra, Isabel, Will and Emma (and her adored five great grandchildren)." 

Creating Glamour

With Jerry running the business and Eileen handling the talent, Ford Models helped evolve modeling from a mostly part-time, poorly paid hobby into one of the world's most glamorous occupations, turning attractive girls next door into multimillionaire celebrity supermodels. 

Ford introduced the world to Candice Bergen, Ali MacGraw, Jean Shrimpton and Lauren Hutton in the 1960s, and Brooke Shields (who joined the agency at age 8), Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell and Rachel Hunter in the 1980s. 

Ford championed American models, turning their clean, fresh, radiant, wholesome look into the standard of beauty. 

"There's no question I did that," she told PEOPLE in 1983. "I create a look and I create a style. American women mean a great deal to me. They're such lost souls, particularly the women of my generation. And women need so much help. They never have anyone to turn to. I help them understand how they can look better, how to do this, do that, get a job. And they're very trusting. Like little lost kids." 

'Perfectly Marvelous Lives'

Eileen Ford was born Eileen Otte on March 25, 1922, the pampered only daughter of Loretta and Nathaniel Otte, who ran a business rating the credit of large corporations. She grew up on Long Island with three brothers. 

"I got everything I wanted from my parents: Brooks Brothers sweaters and Spalding saddle shoes," she told PEOPLE. "None of the people I grew up with had identity problems. We all had perfectly marvelous lives." 

In 1944, after graduating from Great Neck High School and Barnard College, she met Jerry Ford, two years her junior and a football player at Notre Dame. They were married three months later. 

Two years after that, Eileen, who had briefly worked as a model herself, began handling modeling bookings for two of her friends. Within two more years, she and Jerry had a fast-growing business that would change the world. 

Like a Mother to Models

Eileen, who could be brusque and extremely demanding of her models, was unapologetic about her idea of beauty. "I feel that my ideas of beauty have been given very strong backing by Botticelli and a few others," she told PEOPLE. "Slender hands, long neck, long limbs – look at Nefertiti. She was very teensy-weensy with a long neck and wide-spaced eyes." 

"Eileen was an outspoken and controversial woman, never afraid to offend in defense of her traditional standards and, in particular, of the welfare of her models, to whom she was fiercely protective," says Robert Lacey, author of the forthcoming Ford biography Model Woman, due from Harper Collins in early 2015. 

"Eileen Ford treated her models as her own children – many stayed with her and her family in their Manhattan town house at East 78th Street. With her husband Jerry she worked to improve models' working conditions and wages, moving away from payment by the hour or day to the concept of payment by 'usage,' which laid the economic basis for the phenomenon of the supermodel." 

Ford had an exceptional eye for talent, but didn't always get it right. "Grace Kelly and Marisa Berenson were among the models she rejected," he says. 

Jerry and Eileen's daughter Katie took over management of the agency in 1995, and Jerry died three years later. He and Eileen had been married for more than 60 years. 

Over the years, Eileen Ford's all-consuming influence had waned somewhat, as other modeling agencies had grown and her ideas of classical beauty had come to seem dated. But all the while, she remained happily committed to them. 

"I live in a wonderful world of make-believe," she told PEOPLE. "A world of Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. A world of Winnie-the-Pooh and Edward Bear. Things like that. Wonderful things. Funny things." 

Oh,I don't like to see Joe with that Sofia,he's super hot and beautiful natural looking guy,she always appears to be so artificial,don't like her looks at all,her face looks to be fake,but have to admit she's also super hot but not naturally.

So happy for Eva and Ryan,love this couple and wish Eva could have a more stable,settled life.She went through so many difficult times in her life.

^  Clue:  She had a very slutty reputation in Hollywood. ;)

Seems to be Lindsay Lohan,not sure though as I never saw flashback pics for her before. :cain:

Hmmm, this girl's reputation was less slutty and a whole lot less skanky.  She was a star in the 90's.

Harry Potter actor Dave Legeno has died while hiking in Death Valley.

The 50-year-old British actor played the werewolf Fenrir Greyback in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2.

Legeno's body was discovered by two hikers on Sunday in a remote area of the California wilderness and had to be removed by helicopter, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

"The Inyo County Sheriff’s Dispatch received notification on Sunday [July 6] at approximately 7 a.m. that remains had been discovered in a remote wash below Manly Beacon, west of Zabriskie Point in Death Valley," read a statement given to THR.

"The reporting party was part of an unrelated two-person hiking group. Due to the remote area, California Highway Patrol helicopter H-82 out of Apple Valley was utilized to insert an Inyo County Sheriff’s Deputy, and also provided transportation of the body.

"The remains have been identified as David Legeno, a 50-year-old United Kingdom man. It appears that Legeno died of heat related issues, but the Inyo County Coroner will determine the final cause of death. There are no signs of foul play."

Temperatures in the area can reach up to 120 degrees during the summer months.

Legeno, who is also a MMA fighter and boxer, lived in southern England with his daughter, who is in her 20s.

I'mn shocked t hear about Eva and Ryan. Such an odd couple and they are expecting a baby? hmm

I'm surprised they managed to keep it private this long. I guess it goes to show ya these celebs who constantly complain about always getting papped that it is possible to fly under the radar. Two of the biggest stars in the world and are barely ever even seen.

Anywho I'm still kinda pissed. It was supposed to be me. not Eva. Damn it :rofl: 

I'mn shocked t hear about Eva and Ryan. Such an odd couple and they are expecting a baby? hmm

I'm surprised they managed to keep it private this long. I guess it goes to show ya these celebs who constantly complain about always getting papped that it is possible to fly under the radar. Two of the biggest stars in the world and are barely ever even seen.

Anywho I'm still kinda pissed. It was supposed to be me. not Eva. Damn it :rofl:

lol, I had the same reaction. One time I saw him perform live when he was doing the band thing... we made eye contact briefly after the show, so I felt like things were getting pretty serious? What went wrong between us?