Bellazon

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Michael*

^ I really hate Magneto's cape. It looks ridiculous. I prefer a long cape, something that flows in the breeze - like Superman and Batman. But Bryan Singer thinks capes are stupid which makes me wonder why they keep asking this dude to direct comic movies. He hates capes, doesn't read comics, hates Marvel studios.  :idk:

post-67297-0-1446012812-18924_thumb.gif

^ Bryan Singer's inspiration? :laugh:

Wow, Raf thank you.  You really are the BZ Expert.. :flower:  :heythere:

No problem Cult  :hug:

• 4 weeks later...

^ I wish Hugh and Jennifer weren't in this movie. My boyfriend says their characters aren't even that essential in the comic storyline this movie is based around. But I guess, marketing wise, it's smart to push your two biggest stars - though I believe Charles and Magneto should be the center of attention on the poster. 

People online have been saying the way the poster is done, looks like old Charles did a fart that blows up a city.  :laugh:

It's an okay poster, I've seen better but I've seen way worse. Though the Sentinels look like Iron Man flying in the background..

On 24/03/2014 at 7:25 PM, KelAnne_ said:

^ I wish Hugh and Jennifer weren't in this movie. My boyfriend says their characters aren't even that essential in the comic storyline this movie is based around.

Yeah, in the original story, I believe the X-Men sent Kitty Pryde's mind back in time to possess the body of her former self. In the movie, it'll of course be Logan who returns to his younger body instead.

In many ways, Mystique is to the X-Men franchise what Black Widow is to the Avengers. Both are examples of characters who've become better known and more popular via the movies, rather than the source material. Mystique's superpower probably helps with that, since shape-shifting looks considerably cooler on film than on the page. :)

Thanks again Shepherd. :thumbsup:

A series of short featurettes for DOFP have appeared online. They're introduced by Bryan Singer, with new footage from the movie, interviews with members of the cast and general behind-the-scenes type stuff.

Maybe all the trailers and promos are fake for this movie. It actually is Hugh Jackman playing everyone with a special cameo by Nicolas Cage.  :laugh:

Did you see the promotion the movie did with Carl's Jr? It features Quicksilver eating one of their burgers, I'd find the video on youtube and link it here but quite frankly he looked so disgusting eating the burger that I can't even look at the thing without feeling gross.  :yuckky:

^ Saw that the other day and I was talking with my boyfriend how it's such a shame that you hardly see Charles anywhere in these promos. Replace Mystique with Charles or have a cover that features old/new Charles and old/new Magneto. Pretty sure old Magneto and Charles have more pulling in the crowd power than Lawrence as everyone pretty much seems to be getting tired of her these days.

Did you see the promotion the movie did with Carl's Jr? It features Quicksilver eating one of their burgers, I'd find the video on youtube and link it here but quite frankly he looked so disgusting eating the burger that I can't even look at the thing without feeling gross.  :yuckky:

I haven't seen it yet, unfortunately. It's a bit of a surprise to hear that Quicksilver is being used for endorsements though, all signs seemed to point to him having a relatively modest role in the movie. Not that that's a bad thing, he looks like a member of Smashing Pumpkins circa 'Zeitgeist'. :pinch:

'They'd rape you by the side of the hot tub. You were a piece of meat': X-Men director Brian Singer's 'rape victim' describes sordid pool parties at home of Hollywood power broker: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2607166/Bryan-Singers-wild-pool-parties-met-sex-assault-accuser-home-Hollywood-power-player-jailed-sex-minors.html

Although this isn't 100% related to the movie, I have a feeling this could affect it how well the film does, scandals aren't good at all, especially so near to the release date.  

It's hard not to have doubts over the legitimacy of his claims, but the story seems to have been met with a complete lack of surprise, which is rather unsettling in itself. Whatever ends up being the truth of the matter, let's hope justice is done.