Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

i totally love natalia! she's really gorgeous, especially her eyes. can anyone please scan the new vanity fair issue with her, carmen kass and karolina kurkova on the cover? i'd really love to see hi res scans of that!

i was going through the article yesterday and this line by volodina really made me laugh.

'We have beautiful eyes and skin. The Brazilians are finished'

:p

she said that the reason why the russians and the slavic peple are so succesful and on top is because they didn't have nannies growing up, meaning they had to fight all the time in order to achieve anything. the brazillians remark was meant as a joke i'm sure but it does kinda make sense with the rest of the context.

''WE HAVE BEAUTIFUL EYES AND SKIN. THE BRAZILLIANS ARE FINISHED.''

don't take it too seriously lol.

Well, I personally see a big movement of Eastern European models in the fashion industry.  I am tired of Brazilians, so I welcome this change. 

I'm sure they said it jokingly, but come on, these girls want to be in the spotlight too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I remember seeing from time to time. Hasnt most of the top models since the 30s been of European(primaitly caucassian) decent? Id ont get what they mean. The modeling industry to me was and still is primarily caucassian.

It is. But the girls are picked from Brazil. born there, raised there. There are caucassians in Brazil dating back generations upon generations. Only a handful of models, like Adriana or Raica, and maybe Ana a little bit, actually appear to have native Brazilian in their genetics.

Europeans arrived in Brazil around 1500 and have not left since. These people are considered Brazilian, as are those that descend from the native Brazilians who were there when the Europeans arrived.

i totally love natalia! she's really gorgeous, especially her eyes. can anyone please scan the new vanity fair issue with her, carmen kass and karolina kurkova on the cover? i'd really love to see hi res scans of that!

i was going through the article yesterday and this line by volodina really made me laugh.

:p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you guys aren't confusing what she said with what Eugenia V. said? or maybe Russians just think alike. :D

http://img224.exs.cx/img224/357/valentinaeugeniavf066at.jpg

i never said it was natalia who said that.

I was just trying to clear things up. They way the everyone was speaking was clearing implying that they thought this girl said it. Of course it was going to confuse people when you post that in this thread when the two girls have similar last names. You should have specified; then you wouldn

They... don't have the same last name

Edit: Not fair! You edited your original post! *L*

Anyway... not his fault if your brain can't compute properly* *sot*

(it means sticks out tongue... see smiley to the left. I don't use smileys. heh)

Edited by Nine