Bellazon

Eniko Mihalik
Thumbnail

marie45se

HOW MODELS GET (& STAY) FIT

...on her approach to health & fitness:

"I'm very conscious to give the right fuel to the 'machine' I live in. I eat very healthy and try to do my best by making the right choices to my often-limited options. I'd much rather eat things with full fat in small portions than buy products with appealing fat-free labels filled with unknown chemicals. Also, I believe that if you eat nutritiously, you don't need to take extra vitamins, fibers, et cetera. Therefore I don't take any dietary supplements, either. All in all, I get all the energy and everything else my body needs from the right food intake! I also work out 4-5 times a week if my time allows it. This keeps my body in a good shape, and my mind satisfied."

...on her go-to healthy eats:

"I love greek yogurt with honey—it's one of my favorite dessert replacements! Otherwise, I snack on nuts, because they are high in fiber, protein, and good fats that give you a lot of energy.
Edamame beans, carrots, apples, peanut butter, and dark chocolate are also great. But licorice candy is my weakness... I can never resist it."

...on maintaining her routine while traveling: 

"My personal trainer usually sends me my workouts. We plan ahead, so she gives me exercises that are easy to do in a hotel room or smaller, not so well-equipped gyms. But when I'm jet-lagged and tired I give myself credit for just even trying, even if I cannot succeed with the whole program. I am very specific... and probably every waiter's nightmare, when it comes to breakfast in a hotel or dinner in a new restaurant, I like my food to be clean and simple. I make sure that what I order isn't dripping in oil and too much dressing, even if I get a few not-so-friendly looks."

...on her work-out of choice:

"I love group classes and I follow some of the trendy waves, like SoulCycle and SLT. But I'm always open for something new, like pole dancing or Barry's Bootcamp."

...on the 24 hours before a show:

"Right before a show, I probably become even more conscious of what I eat. I make sure that none of the vegetables are going to cause any belly bloating, and I lower the overall sodium level in my food so I won't hold onto water. I make sure to pair the right workout with the look I am going for. I focus more on the core and glutes so I make sure that other parts of my body, like my thighs, won't be over-exhausted and appear bigger, which can be caused by muscle soreness. For my current show prep, it's prime time for some TRX movements and only a very few walking lunges."

thecoveteur.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/modelinia/the-victorias-secret-mode_b_6251862.html

Where to stay: The last time I was in London I stayed at the Ace Hotel, which I found to be quite hip, young, fresh and unique.

Where to eat: One of my favorite restaurants is The Chiltern Firehouse. If I have time after work, this is the place I go for dinner with my local friends.

Where to play: Of course this time of the year Winter Wonderland is a must visit in my eyes. I'm such a kid at heart. I enjoy carnivals, festivals, anything that involves scary rides, candy stations, & fun with friends.