Bellazon

Joshua Walter
Thumbnail

dufouriac

• 1 month later...
You call this model behavior? Joshua Walter, a 20-year-old Hugo Boss model who became famous for being the “boy toy” of a 37-year-old teacher (with whom he still shares an apartment), was charged Thursday for involvement in a criminal ring that’s robbed 15 gas stations and delis in the last month. The model and his gang had mastered the holdup like a walk down the runway: They would allegedly go into a store—from a Dunkin’ Donuts (where the model apparently pistol-whipped a victim), to vegetable markets and gas stations around Brooklyn and Queens—steal the cash from the register, and then empty the pockets of everybody in the place. The gang was busted in its van on Thursday night, and was taken straight to a lineup. The slammer may be a far cry from the catwalks of Milan, but it looks like Wallace will have to get used to prison chic.

Read it at New York Post

From catwalk to perp walk.

A pretty-boy Hugo Boss model -- who made headlines last year for being the boy toy of a 37-year-old teacher -- was charged yesterday with taking part in holdup ring that robbed 15 gas stations and delis in the last month.

Joshua Walter, 20, of Queens and three others were busted early yesterday for the string of brazen robberies -- and they confessed, sources said.

Cops said the thug band would go armed to grab cash out of registers. Then, they would also rob everybody in the place.

The quartet got $800 to $1,000 at each of their jobs for a total take of $12,000 to $15,000.

The spree began June 14 and ended on Sunday at a Dunkin' Donuts on Horace Harding Expressway, where Walter allegedly pistol-whipped one of the victims, sources said.

In addition to gas stations, Walter and his pals hit 7-11 stores, bodegas and fruit and vegetable markets in Rego Park, Jackson Heights, Forest Hills, and Jamaica, Queens, and in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, the sources said.

The suspects were busted at 1:30 a.m. yesterday when cops assigned to the Queens North auto larceny squad stopped a Chevy Astro van with four men inside on 30th Avenue near 31st Street in Astoria.

One of the men ran out of the van but he was caught after a short foot chase, cops said.

The four were taken to the Queens robbery squad, where lineups were held, the suspects allegedly confessed and they were arrested.

They were charged with robbery and criminal possession of a firearm.

In addition to Walter, the other three members of the gang were identified as Lamont Adams, 33, and Willie Winston, 30, of Queens and James Young, 29, of Brooklyn.

Walter, taking advantage of his slim, sullen look, has modeled in Milan, Paris and the Big Apple.

He shares a home with Gina Salamino, 37, a former second-grade teacher who lost her job at PS 121 in Jamaica after their relationship was discovered.

Gina and Josh first met when he was only 12.

They renewed their acquaintance at a family party on Aug. 6, 2007, and said they first hooked up during the 2006-2007 school year -- when Walter was 17.

In a bid to reclaim her job, Salamino contended there was nothing wrong with her liaisons because Walter wasn't her student, and at 17, wasn't a minor.

While that's true in terms of criminal law, city education law considers anyone under the age of 18 a minor, a Manhattan Supreme Court judge ruled.

When Department of Education investigators questioned Walter about Salamino, he said, "I'm tapping that ass and there's nothing you can do about it."

He said he considered the older woman "my shorty."

post-17482-0-1446132799-02472_thumb.jpg

Josh and his "Shorty"

OMGAHHH LMAO WHAT A STUPID RETARD. he is in jail now for assault, robbery etc. Seriously what a freak

All this makes him even more appealing in my eyes... I usually detest "bad boys", but I can't help but being mesmerized by him. I mean, he's absolutely gorgeous and he fought to be with his "shorty" - no matter what other people may think or feel about her/the relationship. You can't help who you fall in love with... Young female models date older guys all the time. Also, I bet she taught him a thing or two... Though, maybe it wasn't such a smart idea to go and start robbing gas stations. Especially when you're a somewhat famous model. LOL

^ Sadly, that's true... Though, there are many criminals who would NEVER accept violence against women.

When you're "famous", there's going to be so many rumours about you. It's unavoidable. I also think it's odd that a guy who's so obsessed with his older woman (the guy wore a necklace with her name on it, for God's sake!), would disrespect her like that. Shocking and sad. I REALLY hope that it's all just a mean-spirited rumour. I mean, surely there are a lot of envious people out there who would just LOVE to see a good looking boy like him go down... Either way, the guy is really in trouble now. I wonder if he's ever going to resume his modeling career. The society has a tendency to forgive physically beautiful people quite easily....

That is just so sad...I loved him in the Hugo Boss ads with Elianne, and then I started reading up about him dating his teacher 20 years his senior and how he helped rob a bunch of gas stations. I had no idea he also assaulted her. Damn.