Bellazon

Fernando Torres
Thumbnail

the sars

Hello girls! :wave: Long time no see.I hope you're doing fine.I saw a lot of great new pics and clips.The new AD with the perfume is awesome.I'm very dissapointed from the injury and i hope he can get well as soon as possible because Liverpool FC is not the same when he's out of play.

TORRES RECEIVES LOCAL HERO AWARD

Jimmy Rice 03 December 2008

Fernando Torres was among the winners at this year's Local Heroes awards organised by Radio City.

The striker picked up a gong for his contribution to sport at a ceremony also attended by Jamie Carragher, Rafa Benitez and celebrities such as Jeremy Kyle.

Speaking afterwards, Benitez said: "When you bring a foreign player here, it's often difficult for them to settle down in the Premier League.

"For Torres to score 33 goals in his first season shows that he has real character and quality.

"For him it was important to be here tonight, and it was also important for me as a manager."

Sir Paul McCartney and Olympic bronze medalist David Price were among the other winners, while the awards also recognised members of the public who have done something extraordinary over the past year.

And pics taken from http://www.radiocity.co.uk

ec19ff38ae66.jpg

fd0dc78c7910.jpg

46541615649a.jpg

2fda6a50ec67.jpg

5764327226bb.jpg

46db0d2cab33.jpg

b40e62a670d9.jpg

e3987512b08d.jpg

67a848ebdb8b.jpg

1c165ca01ab5.jpg

Good news :)

Rafa's words (taken from this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ack-goals.html)

'I was surprised to read stories about Fernando being out for the rest of the year because really he is making good progress. He is improving and is a lot happier now he knows he is on the road to recovery.

'I won't put a time scale on it because I don't want to put extra pressure on him, but it is not as bad as people have made out.

'There is some scar tissue because it is the same problem as before, so we have to work on that area and make the muscle stronger.

'He is not down. He was frustrated at the time because he hates missing matches, but he is in a far more positive frame of mind now.'

And from Nando's official site.

December 09, 2008

Torres: “Lifting the Premier League title is equivalent to winning three leagues”

Fernando spoke openly in an interview with Spanish national radio station ‘RNE’. The forward looked back at the Ballon d’Or award, his move to Liverpool and how he would love to see Reds take on his boyhood club Atletico in Europe again this season.

Liverpool, who are chasing their first league title in almost two decades, currently top the Premier League following an impressive start to the season. Torres described the how important the national league title means to fans and players. “If you take into account the grandure of English clubs, and the difficulty that lies in winning the domestic league crown, lifting the Premier League title is equivalent to winning three leagues.”

During the radio interview the forward referred to France Football’s Golden Ball award and how he felt both “proud and happy” to have finished behind “two of the game’s greats”, Ronaldo and Messi; a feat “which a year ago would have been unthinkable.” Fernando took his hat off to the eventual winner Cristiano Ronaldo, “a worthy winner” labelling the Portuguese winger a “goal machine” in a recent interview with football magazine ‘Kicker’.

When asked about his move to Anfield and the phone-call he received from coach Rafa Benitez, Fernando Torres explained that “he thought the call was a hoax”, and how “he called Spain team-mate Pepe Reina to see what the manager’s phone number was.” The call was in fact from the Liverpool manager, and eventually led to the player becoming a ‘Red’.

The Spanish striker, who is very happy with life on Merseyside, stated that: “Liverpool is in a different dimension to Atletico, although the Madrid-based club will always be the club of my life. Here (at Liverpool FC) I am not longer like I was in Madrid where everything was focussed on me. I did not have any experience so how could I have been the leader of players with more experience than me? That was pressure.”

Fernando Torres concluded the interview with RNE by confirming: “my dream is really to play in this year’s Champions League final against Atletico Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu.”

• 2 weeks later...