Bellazon

Robin Wright
Thumbnail

CarMELita

Robin Wright Divorce: Marriage To Sean Penn Was 'Exciting And Difficult'

post-43368-0-1446080377-86772_thumb.jpg

Robin Wright, whose divorce from actor Sean Penn was finalized in 2010, opened up about the couple's 14-year marriage to UK's The Times on Wednesday.

"I would use the words 'definitely never boring' to describe our marriage. It was exciting and difficult. I spent most of my life with this person," she told The Times (via Yahoo! Entertainment).

The pair married in 1996 and split in 2007, though they stopped divorce proceedings a year later.

After trying to rekindle their relationship, Penn filed for legal separation in April 2009. The couple attempted to reconcile one final time before Wright filed for divorce in August 2009.

"All marriages have their phases," Wright once said of their ups and downs.

The mom of two told The Times that she took time off from her career to focus on raising her kids. She recently returned to the big screen in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," which opened on Wednesday.

While acting is back on the table, marriage is not, Wright said.

"Would I Marry again? No. But never say never," she said. "Why marry? It's a beautiful fortress, but I don't need it."

• 2 weeks later...

Face Time With Robin Wright

post-43368-0-1446080383-96524_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080383-97656_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080383-99462_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080384-02005_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080384-07734_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080384-14544_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080384-17855_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080384-23022_thumb.jpg

LOS ANGELES — It’s a typically sunny winter day in Los Angeles, where actress Robin Wright tilts her head back and closes her eyes to get into character while a small camera crew hovers nearby.

But today’s job is not a movie helmed by a Hollywood director. Peter Lindbergh is shooting French retailer Gerard Darel’s spring-summer print campaign as advertising guru David Lipman stands watch.

The team of Wright, Lindbergh and Lipman is a tight one; the agency has conceptualized five Darel campaigns since Wright signed on in 2010; Lindbergh has been shooting the ads since 1993.

“I hadn’t met Peter until I started working with Darel, but we absolutely fell in love with each other. I could work with him all day, every day,” said Wright.

Lindbergh is working intensely to shoot the five set-ups before the light fades, and has banished all but key crew from the poolside set, but it only takes Wright minutes to summon the expressions and poses he’s looking for.

The set, at Chateau Marmont, has been designed to resemble Saint-Tropez, with buckets of peonies, red and white striped backdrops and a vintage Porsche convertible. Lindbergh also directed a short film for the brand co-written and voiced by Wright about her own connection with France.

“There’s such a high level of trust between them, which means Robin gives so much during the shoots,” added Lipman between takes.

So while there’s an obvious comfort level on the shoot, the stakes have never been higher. Under new president Marianne Romestain, the 40-year-old company is poised to expand its retail reach outside of France, and has charged Lipman with branding it on an international level. The ads will break in March magazines including British Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue and Spanish Vogue.

“Marianne is pushing us further to connect with Robin emotionally,” Lipman added. “It’s less about the product and more about Robin. There are very few brands that respect women and want to give them clothes to make them look good at every age, and that concept is so exportable.”

Said Wright, 45, “I normally wouldn’t do this sort of thing, but I really feel like the brand is about individuality. It’s not like, ‘Here, wear this blazer and be this person.’ I wouldn’t be a good model for any designer’s idea of what fashion is. This is about letting your own personality come through.”

While she portrays a woman vacationing on the French Riviera, Wright is not necessarily acting. “I have always loved France. After I graduated [from high school] I got on a plane to Paris the next day and stayed for years,” said Wright, who modeled in Europe before becoming an actress. Today she’s one of the busiest women in Hollywood, currently garnering positive reviews as Daniel Craig’s editor-lover in “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” which she called “a dream project.” She’s also heading to Australia next month to shoot “The Grandmothers” with Naomi Watts, based on a Doris Lessing short story about two childhood friends, both grandmothers, who fall for each other’s sons. “I know that sounds strange, but when you read the script, it makes perfect sense,” said Wright. “I’m always looking for different projects because I get bored easily.”

“This ad campaign doesn’t represent a revolution, as we are known for telling colorful, cinematic stories in our ads,” said Romestain, who came onboard in June after serving as managing director of the French division of Fast Retailing Co., where she oversaw the rapid overseas expansion of French contemporary brand Comptoir des Cotonniers. “But in order to retail outside of France we need to give people a clear message of who we are.”

At Darel, a company with annual sales of 200 million euros, or $260.7 million at current exchange, Romestain plans to increase business by 15 percent each year for the next five years, mostly by way of international expansion in the U.S., U.K., Spain and China.

The brand is currently sold through 300 directly operated stores and 1,200 multibrand retailers in more than 40 countries, including Bloomingdale’s. But high on Romestain’s list for 2012 are retail stores in New York and Los Angeles.

Romestain believes a French actress, or even a French set (the ads have also been shot in Malibu, Calif.), isn’t the key to getting Darel’s message across, but rather a woman like Wright — mother, actress and activist — whose attitude and lifestyle enhance the allure of the company’s offerings. Past models shot by Lindbergh for Darel have included American actress Mamie Gummer, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stephanie Seymour, Brooke Shields and Nastassja Kinski.

Throughout her five wardrobe changes, ranging from a long aqua silk dress to a crisp white basque top and sleek pants paired with an orange Simple Bag, the company’s “It” accessory, Wright’s porcelain face conveys the bliss of a woman on holiday.

“Emotion is the direction ads are going,” Lipman noted, “and it’s time we pushed those boundaries again.”

Other firsts for the agency include the James Franco-written, directed and photographed ads and films for Seven For All Mankind and Hickey Freeman’s Francesco Carrozzini-directed docu-film featuring NHL player Sean Avery. Lipman described his firm’s latest creative efforts as “realism with a heartbeat.”

http://www.wwd.com/eye/people/the-wright-stuff-5443381

• 2 weeks later...

Robin Wright sous le soleil de L.A.

L’actrice récidive dans la nouvelle campagne Gérard Darel

Rendez-vous au château Marmont, qui domine les collines de Los Angeles. Le lieu emblématique de la cité des anges a été pris d’assaut par la marque Gérard Darel pour y planter le décor de sa nouvelle campagne, et y mettre en scène sa muse de charme: Robin Wright.

Sa petite coupe courte lui donne follement un air de Jean Seberg, de femme joueuse et épanouie. Devant l’objectif affûté du prestigieux Peter Lindbergh, que l'on ne présente plus, Robin Wright se glisse dans les atours de Gérard Darel pour le printemps prochain, pour son plus grand bonheur. «Je pourrais travailler avec lui toute la journée, tous les jours!», s’extasie-t-elle, interrogée sur cette cinquième collaboration avec la griffe frenchy et le photographe star. Aventure éphémère qui se prolonge au fil des saisons, après des clichés cocooning pour l'hiver, ce partenariat nous révèle une Robin Wright à chaque fois plus glamour, qui se prête au jeu de l’égérie avec la même évidence.

Au cœur du château Marmont, lieu iconique des stars hollywoodiennes, Gérard Darel invente une histoire, celle de Robin Wright, tour à tour au volant de sa cabriolet de collection dans un caban court orange assorti à son pantalon en seersucker couleur ficelle, ou décontractée au bord de la piscine, avec son total-look en popeline blanche, elle joue l’audace avec son Simple Bag corail, le it de la saison prochaine. Romantique, Robin Wright arbore la broderie anglaise pour un moment lecture sous le soleil californien, puis se glisse dans sa longue robe fluide émeraude pour se délasser pieds nus.

Sophistiquée, lumineuse, Robin Wright incarne toujours la femme Gérard Darel à merveille, avec son aura de beauté intemporelle.

http://www.gala.fr/lifestyle_de_star/mode/...254560/(page)/7

post-43368-0-1446080398-50149_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080398-52951_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080398-55299_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080398-58636_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080398-59916_thumb.jpg post-43368-0-1446080398-62929_thumb.jpg

Gala.fr., Purepeople.com

Robin Wright enchante Darel

La nouvelle campagne publicitaire de Gérard Darel a été dévoilée. Pour la quatrième saison consécutive, l’actrice Robin Wright incarne au naturel la marque française.

Le Château Marmont. Un lieu féérique de la cité des Anges. L’hôtel érigé sur Sunset Boulevard renferme les secrets de l’élite hollywoodienne depuis presque un siècle. Décor fantastique au cœur de la ville du 7ème Art, l’établissement a inspiré le quatrième long-métrage de Sofia Coppola, «Somewhere». En approchant la saison estivale, c’est une tout autre scène qui se tourne. Une figure du cinéma s’expose devant l’objectif de Peter Lindbergh. Elle joue un rôle qui lui est familier, celui d’égérie pour Gérard Darel.

Pour la quatrième saison consécutive, Robin Wright incarne l’image de marque de la maison française. Les clichés rétros de l’automne dernier immortalisés par le photographe allemand sont délaissés pour une campagne dégorgeant de couleur. Confiant avoir eu «le coup de foudre» pour celui qui est surnommé «le sorcier de l’image», l’actrice se révèle littéralement dans la campagne publicitaire printemps-été 2012.

En robe émeraude (Photo: Peter Lindbergh)

«Beauté franche, naturelle, jamais calculée»

Au bord de la piscine au turquoise étourdissant, l’héroïne de «Forest Gump» arbore une coupe de cheveux courte. Habillée d’un ensemble en broderie anglaise vanille, elle rêve, ayant délicatement ôté ses spartiates dorées. Sur un autre cliché, elle surgit d’un cabriolet de collection, vêtue d’un pantalon en seersucker couleur ficelle, assorti à un flamboyant blouson de cuir corail. La nuit tombant sur cette chaude journée d’été, la star revêt une robe émeraude au drapé sensuel. Sans jamais se séparer du nouveau «it-bag» de Darel.

http://www.parismatch.com/Conso-Match/Mode...e-Darel-378833/

post-43368-0-1446080399-52424_thumb.jpg

parismatch.com

Robin Wright danse pour Gerard Darel :heart:

• 2 weeks later...