Bellazon

Matthew Gray Gubler
Thumbnail

Compassionate_Conservative

3897985412951122259lo.jpg

"We lost her and A. J. Cook for no reason at all and that is sort of offensive to me because they're my friends, and they did a good job. These are my best friends in life, these actors, so losing them changed everything. And I'm so glad that the band is back together now. I hope that Thomas doesn't leave. I think Rachel [Nichols] will leave. Which is sad, she's a nice girl. But I know that just because she's not on the show doesn't mean I won't talk to her. She's a friend and I know I'll speak with her on the weekends."

tumblr_m6h6h29_H1_Z1rv85zso1_500.gif

What's your favourite part of working on Criminal Minds?

"I love entertaining people in any way possible, and truly, the best part of filming it is seeing that the fans are so loyal and loving and supportive. That's a very cheesy answer, but I feel like we've got a very specific set of cult followers. Lovely fans that are some of the nicest people I've met in my life. So knowing that I get to bring them an ounce of entertainment [is great]."

tumblr_mdp2ad_M2u_N1qalcu6o1_500.gif

"It’s maybe only people who are more interested in getting notoriety that really resent me. And if they’re only in it for their own fame and ego, then I don’t really care if they’re annoyed. I just want to entertain people and I’m lucky to get to do that on a big scale. But if I weren’t on the show, I would still be doing everything in my power to entertain people, even if it were on a much smaller platform, even if it were only for my mother."

tumblr_mep7yg_JKFJ1qc8jh0o1_250.gif

You act, direct, make films, paint, have your own music label... do you work at night?

"I do! I get very little sleep. But I try to stay constantly busy. My fear is that if I stop working I'll, like, die. So throughout my life I've always tried to remain busy, and I sort of know no other way. I think if my heart rate slowed it would affect my constitution, strangely. I've been trained to do that. My parents instilled a very strong work ethic in me from a young age, fortunately."

tumblr_lj7nhfomr_T1qgs5hio1_500.png

What is the craziest thing you have ever done for a love interest?

“Wow… let me think… I have done some pretty crazy stuff… I once hand made a girlfriend a 50 page leather bound book. It was an illustrated fairy tale about a princess and an eccentric magician. The magician had his heart broken so badly in the past that instead of keeping it in his chest where it could easily get hurt again, he kept it locked up in a rusty trunk under his bed, where it had withered into a shriveled apricot. A lot happens that can’t really be summed up in one paragraph, but at the end, his apricot heart swells to the size of a house and they end up living happily ever after inside of it. It took me about a month to make, it was all rhyming, hand painted… something I was pretty gosh darn proud of. I really poured a lot into it, and I think its filled with some of my best paintings yet. Sadly in real life the story didn't end as happy as it did in the book."

227849_148734951862000_1504549_n.jpg

Interviewer: You were originally one of our Top 50 models.

Matthew: I'm very proud of that.

Interviewer: Can you just do a quick run through for our viewers what you've done campaign wise?

Matthew: Uh, yeah, let's see. Sicily, Tommy Hilfiger... it was weird how I said that, Ta-haamy Hilfiger. Um, I did some, uh, runways for Marc Jacobs. Louis Vuitton. Did I pronounce that right? I've been practicing. Uh, Burberry. Yeah, that's a good assortment.

Interviewer: That's quite amazing, that's incredibly high level.

Matthew: Oh, well, the standards were incredibly low when I was modeling.