Bellazon

Iker Casillas
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Iker – and his inseparable scarf – which must be best friends with his mobile phone and his purse, since we hardly ever see him without all three in the winter – spoke with AS on the eve of the Copa del Rey semifinal first leg game against Sevilla. He talked about being named a UN ambassador, Sevilla’s controversial video and Valdano vs. Mourinho!

Q: How was your trip to Geneva to be named as a UN goodwill ambassador?

A: It was great. It’s a wonderful challenge.

Q: You have a new job.

A: More than a job, it’s an added responsibility. I’ve always liked to help out. And the things I saw during trips helped me to realize that I wanted to do this. It’s a new experience. Wherever my name is, Madrid and this organization will be there too. I hope to make everyone proud of me.

Q: Have you been able to shift gears to focus on the Copa?

A: Of course. That is on the personal level, and the other is my profession, which I’ve been doing for the past 11 years. The game against Sevilla is very important.

Q: It’s the last step towards a final in which you have pinned a lot of hope.

A: Yes. The team hasn’t advanced past the round of 16 in the last three years, despite playing weak teams. This year, we’ve done things well. Bit by bit, we’ve given this competition the value it deserves and we want to continue like this until April 20, the day of the final. We all hope to be there. But before that, there’s Sevilla. Another final. It’s going to be a complicated game.

Q: What’s your opinion on the video they made?

A: If I tell the truth, the players sometimes aren’t even aware of the things that the rival prepares. We found out through the media. It’s a way of motivating the players and the fans. But I assure you that we have the same motivation.

Q: They say in Sevilla that the Portuguese phrase [the phrase "Vamos a deixar-te sem o titulo" or "we're going to leave you without a title" appears at the end of the video] was not aimed at Mourinho. Was it for Cristiano?

A: These types of things help to motivate us even more for the game, but that’s my opinion.

Q: And you return to the site where you made that impossible save against Perotti…

A: Everything happened very quickly. And in hindsight, it was more an act of faith than anything else [so modest!].

Q: Has the new forward soap opera affected the team?

A: No. We’re conscious of what happened and we read newspapers. We’re footballers, and we have to focus on playing and doing things well. If the club wants a forward, it’s not an issue for us. It’s an issue for the coach and the directors.

Q: What are your thoughts on the tension between Valdano and Mourinho?

A: I don’t know if there is tension or not. We’re focusing on our things, and everyone wants and desires the best for Madrid. The míster does it in his way, the same with Jorge and the president. I’m not going to comment on this. Anything that is good for Madrid is welcome. There are people who are rubbing their hands with glee, but we have to protect our fans and our shareholders.

:D :D :D :D Iker is cute~ nice weather in Madrid it looks warm~

Is that Shining Carbonero make you gurls carzy? or.........only I thought you are arguing..........

watching Supercasas now~ There houses look nice, is their anybody have idea about Iker's new house? I thought he will move into the neighbourhood soon..........His new house might be charming too..

Once again, I remind you to keep your posts focused on Iker, the subject of this thread, and to cease and desist your bashing and bickering. All off-topic references that focus on Sara, or anyone else besides Iker, have been and will continue to be deleted. ***Edited by MauiKane