Bellazon

Edita Vilkeviciute
Thumbnail

epson32

Interview with Edita

-Hello Edita, I am really flattered you accepted to be interviewed for my website, just to start it off, though you're a really well-known model, please tell me some background information

I was born on New Yearā€™s Day in 1989, in Kaunas Lithuania. In school I enjoyed dance a lot it was fun. My father and mother really looked as education to be important. I went to school and finished my education in Lithuania where I am from. I live in Paris right now but commute back and forth between New York for jobs and Europe.

-When did you start modeling and was becoming a model an idea of yours or did anyone suggest it?

I got scouted in my home country of Lithuania then my travels took me to Spain where I began to model. I traveled to Paris and back to Lithuania to finish my schooling and studies while modeling a little. I was signed to Womenā€™s Management in Milan I was 16 years old when I first started modeling. Later in 2006 I signed with Paris agency called Viva.

-What was your first main assignment as a model?

My first assignment as a new model was when I walked in Roberto Cavalliā€™s spring collection in 2007 called Just Cavalli.

-Do you like to do photo shoots for editorials and campaigns or do you enjoy doing the runways more?

I love to do both are enjoyable with editorial shoots the client and photographer have a vision in their mind of what they want to create and capture on film as for runway shows are more hectic you have to pull yourself together and act like you are in one piece. You go backstage and people are pulling at you trying to help you get into your next look. As model you come out and have a look of nothing crazy happened it is fine in motion. I love modeling and I would say I love to do both collections and shoots.

-Your list of jobs (campaigns, fashion shows, ads...) is impressive, what modeling assignments are you particularly proud of?

I love working for designers who are different and have these artistic visions that take my breath away. One designer in particular I look up to and model for is Karl Lagerfeld he is the House of Chanel which is a belle collection. Chanel is timeless and so lovely each piece he debuts on the runway is incredible. Another client I love modeling for is Victoria Secret there lingerie and clothing is so comfortable and stylish. I love the Victoria Secret Fashion shows are so much energy filled with fun and sex appeal I love to be sexy at the show and seeing the audience reaction is great to. It is like a big party at the shows everyone is having the time of their life.

-What do you do in the backstage, waiting for the shows?

Sometimes you are sitting around bored if the show doesnā€™t start right away when you arrive. I like to sit and go on my phone or have a snack while I get my hair done first. Then is makeup which takes a long time to do hair and makeup then to get into your first outfit. The trick is I like to try on the last outfit and go backwards. This way when it is time to go out you are already in your first look.

-Which are some of your favorite fashion designers and brands?

I love Prada vision and style also Chanel timeless and classic. Another is Roberto Cavalli is a genius and knows how to dress a female well.

-Do you have many friends among your colleagues: female models and male models?

Yes I know many male models and female models. My close friends are Anna J and a Ukrainian model Snejana Onopka she is like a sister to me. Male model friends I know David Gandy he is very nice. Noah Mills is very kind and down to earth friend and Tyson Ballou.

-Do you eat healthy? Do you have a favorite food?

Yes I eat healthy and take care of myself. I really love to eat garden fresh salad wherever I travel. I also really love apples and I have to drink some nice hot tea and have a juicy fresh sliced apple before I can start my day. Guilty pleasure of mine is chocolate cake I love sweets and chocolate cheese cake is a guilty pleasure of mine. As for traveling on my jobs it gets sometimes difficult. Since I am a family oriented person itā€™s hard when youā€™re away from them for so long. I start to miss my family my sister and my mother and father.

The Immaculate Collection|Edita Vilkeviciuteā€Ž by Ben Weller for Twin Magazine Spring/Summer 2012 (full editorial HQ)

Publication: Twin Magazine

Issue: #6 Spring/Summer 2012

Title: The Immaculate Collection

Model: Edita Vilkeviciuteā€Ž

Photography: Ben Weller

Styling: Naomi Miller

post-59511-0-1446013840-6399_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013840-94775_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-37579_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-44922_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-49563_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-52744_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-58882_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-62698_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-68835_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-72684_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-8076_thumb.jpgpost-59511-0-1446013841-86651_thumb.jpg

TFS.

mode.newslicious.net/search/label/Magazines.