• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the (reposted) cover from German Vogue's October 1997 issue:

coverbtrn04qb2kkgrhqqhc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For some reason that is beyond me, this particular issue often lists the cover model as Naomi Campbell. This really pisses me off :anger: !!!! Why is it that everytime a black model is on the cover of any edition of Vogue, the assumption is that the cover is Naomi's. I even read a post on The Fashion Spot about how Kiara was a one-trick-pony. Oh really? Kiara managed to get 3 Vogue covers under her belt in addition to a couple of other big deal covers. While Kiara's Vogue cover tally will never compete with Naomi, Kara Young, or Liya Kebede, I still consider her a great model just on the strength of those Vogue covers. When will those people at The Fashion Spot stop looking at Naomi as the last word on black models and how they get Vogue covers. There are many other models of African, African-American, and African-European descent (Kiara having Angolan ancestry) who deserved more Vogue covers than they got. Even Veronica Webb, whom I feel was an under-appreciated model got only one Vogue cover. Other notable Black models who got only one Vogue cover to show for their hard work includes Karen Alexander, Louise Vyent, Sheila Johnson, and Stephanie Roberts. It's a damn shame really, I hope that the nastalgia in using models from the mid 1980's and the 1990's will include Kiara . She is not a one-trick-pony but a workhorse who should be given alot more oppurtunities to work more.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...