Bellazon

Tom Brady
Thumbnail

Stefani20

Brady's lady antics gives mag pregnant pause

New England Patriots QB/QT Tom Brady may have run away with the top spot on Esquire annual list of Best Dressed Men in the World last week. But a new day has dawned for the pigskin papa-to-be. This week, No. 12 made Star magazines list of Runaway Dads!

In this weeks issue, Tom is taken to task in the tabloid for sticking with his supermodel galpal Gisele Bundchen when his ex, Six Degrees actress Bridget Moynahan, announced she was three months pregnant.

The QB an ace on the job, but he fumbled big time off the field, says Star. After their Nov. 2006 split, Tom, 30, jumped from his GF of three years, Bridget, to supermodel Gisele Bundchen - who publically admitted to crushing on him before he was single.

Nice touch.

Then, when Bridget revealed she was three months pregnant with his child in Feb. 2007, rumors flew that she may have gotten pregnant on purpose when she realized Tom was dumping her - rumors that reportedly stemmed from Tom's camp, snipes Star.

The Patriots prince shares the not-so-stellar spotlight in the supermarket tab with ER doc Goran Visnjic, who knocked up a woman as he and his wife were in the throes of adopting a child. And then there's funnyman Eddie Murphy who laughed off Melanie Scary Spice Brown when she announced he was the father of her unborn child (he was).

Other scorned mums in the Star spread include Weeds gal Mary Louise Parker, who was eight months pregnant when she was dumped by boyfriend, actor Billy Crudup, who took up with Hollywood ingenue Claire Danes. And then there Kim Porter, who got the outta-here treatment by P. Diddy after she delivered their twin girls in December.

Brady, the alleged Runaway Dad, reportedly has, in recent months, kept in closer contact with his baby mama as she heads into the home-stretch on the Left Coast. Which, some say, is ticking off his glamazon galpal, Gisele, who remains in New York.

File Under: The Dad Fad?

Rather offensive: Brady & Co. out of sync

FOXBORO - It’s tough to decide which image better symbolizes a quarterback having the living snot knocked out of him - an exposed shoulder pad or a hand warmer blasted right off his waist.

Patriots [team stats] quarterback Tom Brady [stats] can take his pick, because he experienced both last night. Whether it was the fault of protection breakdowns or a receiving corps running in quicksand matters little. The bigger issue is that the Patriots’ offense needs work or their quarterback is going to need a chiropractor. And maybe a dental surgeon.

Their inability to complete much more than a screen pass was the story of last night’s 27-24 exhibition loss to the Tennessee Titans [team stats]. Making matters worse, most of the lowlights revolved around Brady tasting the Gillette Stadium FieldTurf, with assistance from several Titans.

“It’s real tough to see, but that’s the game we play,” said running back Kevin Faulk [stats]. “They get paid on the other side to do the same things. Tom knows that. We hate to see it, but at the same time, you’ve got to see it sometimes.”

Brady dressed slowly after the game and left without comment. If the evening proved anything, it’s that with or without Randy Moss and Laurence Maroney [stats], the Patriots can’t expect to walk onto the field and have their way with opposing defenses.

There’s been this assumption throughout the offseason and into training camp that the players the Pats added in free agency are so good, they’ll dominate merely by pulling on the jersey. No practice required.

Not so fast. Wes Welker and Donte’ Stallworth were on the field last night, and the result was an offense that looked an awful lot like the one that opened last season - no one open downfield, Brady running from pressure, the Pats spinning their tires.

“This isn’t a video game,” Stallworth said. “You can’t put guys out there and they’re just mechanically running around. But it is our job and we take pride in it and we have to get better. We’ll be OK. We’re taking steps in the right direction. It’s a matter of putting everything together.”

Sloppiness reigned. Logan Mankins [stats] was whistled for a pair of penalties. Brady airmailed one open receiver, missed another when Stallworth stopped running, and watched Welker drop a pass that hit him in the hands. Take away six screens and dumpoffs to Kevin Faulk - did they really need to practice those? - and the offense was basically impotent.

Things didn’t start smoothly. On the Pats’ second play from scrimmage, Faulk lost a yard off left tackle. On their third play, a wide-open Heath Evans [stats] cut his route short and couldn’t corral a Brady bullet.

Then on their fourth play, things really got ugly.

Brady targeted Stallworth down the left sideline. He instead encountered a freight train named Kyle Vanden Bosch, who curled inside from defensive end and blitzed untouched into Brady’s face.

Brady unloaded the ball at the point of contact, but his pass floated over Stallworth’s back and into the arms of corner Cortland Finnegan, who returned it 51 yards for a touchdown. As Finnegan reached the end zone, Brady reclaimed the aforementioned hand warmer he had lost when Vanden Bosch found his sternum.

The Patriots [team stats] scored on their next possession, but it was a hollow victory created by Brady’s resourcefulness. With time to throw but no open receivers from the Titans 28, he cleverly pump-faked to elude pressure, rolled to his left and threw a strike to Welker in the back of the end zone.

Things soon returned to lousy. Brady was hit while trying to pass and fumbled. He later absorbed a gigantic shot from Antwan Odom on his second interception, staying on the turf for an extra beat, no doubt drawing a series of gasps across New England, and leaving the field with a shoulder pad flipped through his jersey.

It was that kind of night, and now the Pats must regroup. Maybe the problems will disappear with the returns of Moss and Maroney. Maybe Welker will be open all day underneath and justify those 100-catch predictions. Maybe the embarrassment of riches will reveal itself.

Or maybe it’s not going to be as easy as we thought. Maybe making this high-octane offense purr is actually going to take some work.

ohhh sexyyy :drool:

Hey, Wild Rose did you see the buzz cuts some of the Patriots rookies got from the vets in the team?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if Brady got one, when he started out as a rookie??

no sorry, I don't follow American football (even if I wanted to there is no free channel here that shows the games) so I have no idea about that!

Brady wants time off for child's birth

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Soon-to-be father and star quarterback Tom Brady knows he can't make all the calls.

He'd like a few days off to be at the birth of his first child -- "I hope so," he said Monday -- but the Patriots schedule and coach Bill Belichick might get in his way.

"Bill has a lot to say," Brady said, "so we'll deal with it when it happens."

New England plays the third of its four exhibition games -- the one in which Brady usually gets the most playing time - on Friday night at Carolina. The first regular season game is set for Sept. 9 at the New York Jets.

Brady refused to say Monday if his former girlfriend, actress Bridget Moynahan, is due to give birth to their child before the Jets game. But on Feb. 19, six months ago, her publicist, Christina Papadopoulos, said she "is over three months pregnant. Former boyfriend Tom Brady is the father."

He doesn't know when he'll get a telephone call telling him he's about to be, or already is, a father.

"I wish I did," he said with a smile. "That's God's decision. The good lord is making that call. So I think everybody's anxious. I'll put it that way."

Meanwhile, Brady is focusing on football -- at least while he's at work. Besides, other players on the team have wanted time off in past seasons for personal issues and received it.

"Certainly, a lot of people make sacrifices for their family," he said, "and I'm dealing with a certain situation, a very joyous, happy situation. And some people have dealt with death in the past and that's incredibly difficult.

"You realize when you come here you try to focus your attention and compartmentalize what you're doing so you can give this team what it needs because that's really what you sign up for when you come here," he added. "I'd hate to come in here and have my mind on 100 different things when that's not going to help this team at all. And then when I leave here I deal with that and my team takes ... a step backward."

In last Friday night's 27-24 loss to Tennessee, Brady played seven series before being replaced late in the first half. He completed 10 of 19 passes for 145 yards, a 28-yard touchdown pass to Wes Welker, and two interceptions.

In the exhibition opener, a 13-10 loss at Tampa Bay, he played two series and was 5-for-7 for 34 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions.

Last season, Brady threw for 231 yards in the third game but sat out the entire fourth and final exhibition contest although he was healthy. So his chances of attending the birth should improve once Friday's game is over.

"You prepare hard for every game because every time you go out there if you're not prepared you're susceptible to getting hurt," he said. "You'd hate to go out there and not perform well because you really build confidence from the games."

If Brady does leave for a while, the Patriots have three quarterbacks to step in. Vinny Testaverde practiced for the first time this season on Monday after re-signing for one year on Friday. They also have Matt Cassel and rookie free agent Matt Gutierrez.

"In the meetings he's great," Brady said. "He brings a lot of experience and he's a great guy. He's fun to have around."

Testaverde, 43, said he didn't know if he would play Friday.

"I'm just trying to learn the new plays," he said. "I haven't talked to anybody about playing. Whatever it's going to be, it's going to be."

A bigger question: Will Brady play or get time off?

Personal situations "are all talked about and dealt with on an individual basis,"

Belichick said. "It doesn't matter who the player is. There are plenty that have come up through the course of the year. I'll deal with them like I do all of them."

So when his phone rings the next time, is Brady anticipating it will be the call telling him that fatherhood is imminent?

"Um," he said with a grin, reluctant to give a hint about the due date.

"It's stuff that's very private to me and it's my family," he said. "I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out when it happens."

Such sweet stuff from Tom. :angel: :wub:

It’s a boy for Brady, Moynahan

It’s a boy for New England Patriots QB Tom Brady and his ex-galpal Bridget Moynahan, who gave birth in a Santa Monica hospital today.

“Mother and baby are doing well,” Moynahan’s publicist, Christina Papadopoulos told the Track.

No details are available yet on the baby’s name or weight.

The announcement came tonight after the Brady Baby Watch went to Defcon 1 because the New England Patriots’ QB/QT skipped practice to fly to the Left Coast for the birth of his child.

Word from our locker room spies was that Brady told the team he was taking care of a “personal matter.” “He flew to California and she was having the baby today,” said our spy.

We hear Brady also told the Pats that he would be back for Friday night’s game against the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte. It is the third and most important of the team’s pre-season tilts.

But since Brady would normally sit out the last game, (the Giants on Aug. 30), he could return to L.A. after the Carolina game for all kinds of serious baby bonding.

Officially, the Patriots were mum on the QB’s whereabouts today. Team spokesman Stacey James said he wasn’t sure where No. 12 was or why he wasn’t at practice.

Earlier this week, Brady told the media that he wanted to be present when his offspring makes his or her debut.

“I hope so,” he said. “I’m sure when it happens it’s a matter of scheduling with what’s going on with the team.’

Brady and Moynahan broke up last November and Moynahan announced she was pregnant in February.

CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGET & TOM!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :hell yea!: :fun:

85254958da7.png

No details were available on the baby’s name or weight, Papadopoulos said, but sources told us Tom and Bridget are leaning towards “an Irish-sounding name” because they both have green genes.

“The current frontrunner is William,” said our snitch. Well! The boss, Bill Belichick will like that!

Brady was spotted inside St. John’s Health Center in Santa Monica yesterday afternoon, carrying a huge bouquet of flowers to the new mommy.

Later in the day, a reporter for Entertainment Tonight encountered the new dad in the hospital halls on his way to see Moynahan, who checked in under an assumed name.

Tom wasn't happy, said our Left Coast snitch. He had security throw the guy out.

Brady had told the team he was taking care of a personal matter and that he would rejoin the Pats for Friday night's game against the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte. It is the third and most important of the team’s pre-season tilts. But since Brady would normally sit out the last game (the Giants on Aug. 30), he can return to L.A. after the Carolina game for all kinds of serious baby bonding.

In fact, it appears as though Tom’s following some kind of Brady Bunch tradition here. Big sister Maureen had a baby out of wedlock and after a long on-again, off-again romance just married the father of her 6-year-old daughter last year. Sister Julie also is an unmarried mom.

Word on the gossip wires is that Tom and Bridget have recently re-established communications after a long period of estrangement that followed her pregnancy announcement.

For a while they were only infrequently texting each other or e- mailing, but now they talk quite often, said Someone Who Knows.