Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

CFDA + MyHabit + Linda Evangelista = Give with Style

SEPTEMBER 28, 2015There is a little something for everyone in the “Give with Style” campaign, which brings together top CFDA Members, the shopping destination MyHabit.com, steep discounts on designer merch, supermodel Linda Evangelista and, to top it off, charity: each purchase benefits the CFDA Foundation.
cfda.com

Linda Evangelista on MyHabit’s “Give With Style,” Philanthropy, and the CFDA

One of the most successful models of all time, and perhaps the most famous of Supermodels, there’s no denying Linda Evangelista’s profound impact on fashion. As both the face of and inspiration for designers and brands in the world, her collaborations with the best photographers are ingrained in fashion iconography.

Recently, Evangelista graciously offered her support to MyHabit x CFDA but change photo to Linda’s in that piece]’s “Give With Style” campaign, which offers CFDA Member’s merch at  discounts with at least 75 percent of the purchase price from each sale supports CFDA’s charitable initiatives via the CFDA Foundation.

Here, CFDA.com talked to the model, mother, and fashion icon about the campaign, charity and her favorite CFDA memories.

— Marc Karimzadeh

CFDA.com: How important is charity and philanthropy to you, and what are some of the causes that are especially dear to you?

Linda Evangelista: “Charity and philanthropy are EXTREMELY important to me–and always have been. I’ve been a longtime supporter of amfAR and the Elton John AIDS Foundation, and LGBTQ issues and breast cancer research are very dear to me.”

CFDA.com: Specially, what appealed to you about being this year’s face of the MyHabit “Give With Style” campaign?

L.E.: “The fashion industry has continued to embrace me throughout my career, so when I was asked if I would participate in the MyHabit  ‘Give With Style’ campaign, I immediately said yes. I think it is such an ingenious and fun way to support causes near and dear.”

CFDA.com: Where there any highlights/favorite moments for you on the shoot?

L.E.: “I always love meeting and working with new people, so meeting the MyHabit team was a lovely moment.”

CFDA.com: Is there one piece from the shoot that you have set your eyes on?

L.E.: “One? No…but if you asked if there were ‘several’ pieces I liked, then I would have to plead guilty.”

CFDA.com: You are a friend of the CFDA and have attended many Fashion Awards. What’s your favorite memory from them?

L.E.: “My favorite recent memory was being asked to present a Lifetime Achievement Award to Tim Blanks. Fashion writers and critics are often the unsung heroes in our industry, and they have such a wealth of knowledge about the history of fashion and the gift to see that a current collection has its roots or has been influenced by a collection that came 10 or 20 years earlier. I think that’s such an important part of fashion–that is sadly often overlooked.”

cfda.com/blog/linda-evangelista