Julia Dunstall
Thumbnail

Nath

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blue Note

Nineteen-year-old Julia Dunstall, a Gunn, Alberta, native and former farm girl, has a nonstop work schedule that could give the Energizer Bunny a run for its money. After a successful spring debut strutting the catwalk for Luella, Chanel, and Miu Miu, the top-rated rookie signed on as the fresh face of Balenciaga and See by Chloé. But even a taste of the finer life hasn't prompted this tomboy to stash her skateboard or hang up her camping gear. "I love wildlife and the great outdoors—I can gut a fish in like seven seconds," says Julia. It's no wonder this feisty Canuck prefers Chuck Taylors to stilettos. —ALISON GRIFFIN

source:http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/model/juliadunstall

About hair at Luella show:

"Outside of fashion shows, the ponytail is my best friend. But for the runway it's all glam. The mass of curls I had backstage at Luella turned into very feminine waves for the catwalk."

Hair and beauty tricks:

"I'm constantly picking up hair and beauty tricks. Lately I've learned that an eyelash curler can be better than mascara."

About Thakoon:

"Designer Thakoon Panichgul is such a sweet person, which makes it a pleasure to do his show."

About Miu Miu sunglasses:

"I loved the Miu Miu sunglasses, but the dark lenses made it extremely hard to see the runway."

About thick braids at V&R spring 2006 fashion show:

"The thick braids at Viktor & Rolf turned out to be amazing, which made the aggressive brushing and pulling (done to make them look perfect) well worth it!"

About Pacco Rabanne collection:

"The Paco Rabanne collection was great because of the amazing colors. Vibrant clothing—like this yellow skirt—adds a little spark to your character."

Models:

"I work with a lot of really cool girls, but we don't have the time to hang out until we're backstage at the shows."

About Chloe spring 2006 collection:

"The Chloé show was one of my favorites. The clothes were comfortable and had a sixties feel, and the accessories were absolutely gorgeous!"

Finding time to relax during fashion weeks:

"Finding time to relax—is the best. In Paris, you can probably count the hours of sleep you get for the week on your fingers."

source:"Teen Vogue"

http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/model/juliadunstall