Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

from here http://www.thestylecon.com/2014/06/25/interview-uber-babe-behati-prinsloo/

How to Dress Like Uber Babe Behati Prinsloo

in #FindYourCool, we ask passionate people what they’re all about. This time around, we check in with Victoria’s Secret model-turned-designer Behati Prinsloo.

What does Victoria’s Secret model Behati Prinsloo get up to when she’s not playing cute on set? Making her foray into fashion design, it seems. Last year, when premium denim brand THVM approached her with the idea to collaborate on a capsule collection, the self-professed jean hoarder jumped at the chance. Over Skype and FaceTime (Prinsloo is based in New York while the THMV team calls LA home), a 14-piece collection of punk-inspired staples came together. Best topped with a wide-brimmed bowler hat, the looks have a tomboyish ease to them that recall 70s London and mimic Prinsloo’s everyday look. In our latest #FindYourCool, we checked in with the model-cum-designer to talk about how the collection came together, her favorite pair of jeans, and just how far she’d go for the people she loves. (Hint: It’s from a Lykke Li song.)

Name: Behati Prinsloo

How do you define cool?

“Cool” is a feeling, an attitude. For me, it’s all about someone’s personality.

How did the collaboration come about?

My agent came to me with the idea––I’m guessing THVM’s Brian and Olga had me in mind. I was so excited right away. The two of them are very “cool”, haha! It was very easy––I came up with a theme and sent them a lot of inspiration photos, and they immediately got started. Over Skype, my mind would run away with ideas and they loved it. We had a lot of fun.

THVM is a brand known for its denim. How many pairs of jeans do you own?

When it comes to jeans I’m a bit of a hoarder, I must admit. I live in jeans. My favorite pair is my Levi’s cutoffs that have been all over the world with me since I was 18. I will never give them up. They would have to melt right off of me! They’re with me in the Bahamas right now.

THVM stands for This Here Very Moment. What’s your favorite denim moment in fashion or pop culture?

The 90s Versace denim campaigns, for sure. I love the 90s.

This was your first time designing. What’s the biggest thing you learned or were surprised by in the process?

I was surprised by all of the specific deadlines and how much work goes into making a collection. It’s been an incredible experience.

What’s the meaning behind the “Deep Sea” slogan?

It’s a Lykke Li song, but those two words mean everything to me. I’ll also tell someone I love that I’ll follow them “deep sea”, meaning that no matter how bad or crazy things get, I’ll be there. I’ll go to the deep end with them, if that makes sense.

Tell us about the bat in the collection.

I’m just obsessed with fruit bats. They are huge. Growing up, I used to see them hanging around the bananas on our trees. They just fascinate me.

What is one thing about the collection that most people don’t know?

That we did it in record time, haha. And that I’m extremely proud of it.

What’s your favorite piece from the collection?

The leather jacket. The red inside is amazing. Jeans and leather jackets are staples in my closet.

What’s a typical work day like for you?

Work days are usually from 9 to 5, shooting in a studio with Victoria’s Secret and having fun on set.

What’s a typical weekend afternoon like for you?

On weekends, I always try to run errands I haven’t been able to do because of work. I’ll meet up with friends for lunch and drinks, or watch a movie. I love just walking through the city with no real plan, just see where I end up.

What makes you laugh?

My friends. I have the best friends. I laugh till I cry.

Given that you’re based in New York, what are your favorite…

Places to eat: The Spotted Pig, Indochine, and Nobu.

Places for coffee: Ninth Street Espresso in the East Village

Places for a drink: I do love going to the Bowery Hotel for drinks and sitting outside.

Places to people watch: The benches in front of Balthazar on Spring Street

Places to go when you want to escape the city: Rural upstate New York

What’s next for you? A lot. Personally and professionally. This year is very exciting for me… I can’t share everything yet.

What’s next for you? A lot. Personally and professionally. This year is very exciting for me… I can’t share everything yet.

Hmmm...Sounds like someone might have gotten the fantasy bra...

It sure does.  :yes:  What else could it be...

Hmmm...Sounds like someone might have gotten the fantasy bra...

It sure does.  :yes:  What else could it be...

+2...I agree, a wedding and the fantasy bra  :thumbsup:

Its been speculated that this was her year, looks like it is.