Bellazon

Interesting Youtube personalities

Cult Icon

@Matt!

The job of being a youtuber game uploader is pretty intriguing to me.

The only youtuber I watched significantly is fightincowboy, due to his candor and skill. He had ~450 K subscribers when I watched him, now he has 600K.  It took him 6 years to build the channel.   He has a pretty insane set up.  He has a 100 K + $ job as a website programmer from the government, which is 40 hours a week.  Insanely enough, he largely works from home and doesn't have to commute.

Then he has commented that youtube gives him a 5-figure income, IIRC he stated $55,000 for one year.  From what he has commented over a long time in his streams and walkthroughs is that he spends 40 hours a week (!!!) recording his gameplay, managing his youtube account and making walkthroughs.  Kind of insane that he can make a lower middle class income doing a second job of what is basically his gaming addiction.  He collects checks from Youtube and also donations from his streams.

And he seems to squeeze in a social life, exercise, and another passion, watching anime garbage while maintaining a stay at home wife and 2 kids...

I wonder what the psychological cost of spending such a vast quantity of time gaming like this, long term.  He seems to spend 80+ hours a week doing "work" in front of screens.