Bellazon

Yamila Diaz-Rahi
Thumbnail

Tali

Well, I have to say that she is quite famous (not to be confused with popular) but this is primarily in the modelling world. She has done more than most models during her career. It would seem she has chosen to live a private personal life outside of modelling, instead of trying to crossover into a popular public persona, like say, Petra Nemcova. She has been rarely photographed at parties or major celebrity functions throughout her career, even at her peak when she landed the SI cover of 2002. If popularity is a measure of being, "famous", then I would agree with you. But, I imagine she prefers it that way.

Have you looked at some of her older stuff? Pirelli calendar? She positively smoulders!! Her SI shots from a few years ago were very dynamic. I just don't think the catalog work she is doing now is looking to bring that out. To illustrate that point, two other very, "famous" models, Veronika Varekova, and Daniela Pestova are in some of the same catalogs as Yamila and don't fare any better.

A few of the pictures on the some of the latest pages aren't the most dynamic because they're trying to show what the outfits look like for people to buy, and it would be the photographers fault for things like that anyway. In some of them there's too much/bad photoshopping/airbrushing, and probably sometimes a bit too much or the wrong type of make up/lipstick.

She doesn't need photoshopping/airbrushing and I think in these sort of pictures she looks best naturally and without too much/the wrong type of makeup. Like the SI pics.

She does dynamic shots too like the SI ones.

So I agree that it's mostly the si shoots and candids that are probably the more dynamic ones. But the stationary shots are just as good too.