Bellazon

Carrie Underwood
Thumbnail

It's true: Mike & Carrie engaged

post-17383-1261458583_thumb.jpg

Mike Fisher’s Christmas has a ring to it this year.

The Senators centre confirmed Monday he got engaged to the former American Idol winger Carrie Underwood over the weekend after a romance that’s lasted a little over a year. She was in town for the club’s 4-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild Saturday and watched the Sens host Boston Monday night as well.

Fisher said he popped the question to Underwood Sunday. He wouldn’t get into details, but was all smiles as he spoke to a horde of media before Monday night’s visit by the Bruins to Scotiabank Place.

“It’s true. We’re both obviously excited and very happy,” said Fisher. “I’m not sure exactly when (the wedding will take place).”

So, was Fisher on bended knee?

“That’s all I’m going to say: We’re both very happy and excited,” said a tight-lipped Fisher, who met Underwood on March 21, 2008 when he went backstage to speak with her after she performed in Ottawa.

The indications are Fisher was alone at home with Underwood when he asked the question. Friends were then informed not long after.

Of course, Fisher was getting a lot of good-hearted ribbing from his teammates. There were certainly more cameras and reporters than there usually are at a morning skate. Winger Chris Neil, Fisher’s best friend on the team, said he got a call from the centre Sunday to give him the news.

“It’s great. It’s a long time coming. There’s going to be a lot of broken hearts here in Ottawa with all those girls that are in love with Mikey,” said Neil with a wide smile. “He’s met an awesome girl. We’re ecstatic for him.”

Neil laughed at the fact the news leaked out.

“You guys probably knew it before I did. I think it was on Twitter about 20 minutes after it happened,” he said. “Seriously, Mike called me shortly after and gave me the good news. It’s great.”

Since Fisher wasn’t getting into details, he might want to be prepared to become a father. Underwood told Self magazine in the Jan. 2010 issue that she’d like to have some kids. She will begin a concert tour to promote her new album, Play On, and will make a stop in Ottawa on March 24th.

“Not that I have a husband to have one with yet, but someday I’d like a family — not a big one, but not a small one either,” said Underwood. “Two kids is good, three is fine. Four? Somebody’s getting something done, because we ain’t having five!”

All Fisher’s teammates want is to be at the wedding. Nobody is sure if they’ll get married in Nashville where Underwood makes her home or in Ottawa.

“I know I’m not going to be in the wedding party. I just want an invite,” said Shean Donovan with a gap-toothed smile. “I know they don’t want this face in the wedding party.”

He said he didn’t have any details.

“It’ll be interesting. He’ll get a lot of breaks from her. Good for him. I’m pretty interested to hear where he got engaged,” added Donovan. “He probably took back out on the SkiDoo in the Back Forty. I’m a fan, but good for him. It’s like TMZ in here. It’s awesome.”

Centre Chris Kelly passed along his good wishes.

“Its good news. Obviously, its a happy day for the both of them,” said Kelly. “I wish them all the luck.”

View video of the interview here:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/200...1/12226131.html

Carrie Underwood Engaged to Hockey Player

His name is Mike Fisher.

post-17383-1261469646_thumb.jpg

Mike recently signed a $21 million contract with the Ottawa Senators.

Way to go.

UPDATE: As one of our keen readers has pointed out, the country singer's new name would be "Carrie Fisher." May the force be with you.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/21/carrie-under...-hockey-player/

Carrie Underwood Wants to Keep Off "Potato Chip Weight" for Wedding

post-17383-1262757609_thumb.jpg

For those envious of Carrie Underwood's svelte shape, the country singer -- who got engaged to hockey player Mike Fisher Dec. 20 -- says that it's anything but effortless to maintain.

"Genetics are not exactly on my side," Underwood, 26, said in a Jan. 2 radio interview for Ottawa, Ontario show Grecosize on the station Team 1200. "Once I got out of high school I packed on about 10 pounds, and once I was on American Idol I packed on another 10 pounds. I'm a little person, I'm 5-3, and I was about 130," she estimates.

The star's problem area: her tummy. "I carry all my stress weight, all my potato chip weight," she told radio host Steve Warne, "Around my mid section. You've got to fight genetics sometimes."

To fight that good fight while on tour, the Idol says, "I do not eat catering. I have a refrigerator on the bus and when we're in a decent town that has a decent grocery store, I just go and stock up. My off days on the road are spent doing laundry and buying groceries."

She even brings her own groceries when she goes home to Checotah, Okla. ("I have to...or I'll starve," she says. "Fitness is not a lifestyle [there]."

Her new personal trainer, Tony Greco, is "kicking my butt," she says. "I need it. Especially with a tour coming up and a wedding to look good for."

And about that wedding...Underwood says that she and Fisher have "no date" so far. "Our schedules don't provide us too much time to get married and have time to really enjoy being married," she explains. "We're trying to really work it out and move some stuff around.

The Sunday night of their engagement was "a busy evening," of phone calls to beat the news reports, she admits. She told Fisher, "'Keep calling baby, keep calling!' Because I didn't want anyone to get offended or anything that we didn't tell them first."

Her hockey hubby-to-be, she says, has been a hands-on wedding planner, "He jumps in, and he always says he doesn't. he's like, 'Oh, I don't care. Just whatever you want!'...But then I go and ask him, 'What do you think about this? and he'll go 'Oh, no,' and he'll weigh in. I think he's going to be more involved than he initially thought he wanted to be, which is good. I need help."

The logistics for couple (he's stationed in Ottawa, she's in Nashville and prepping for a new tour) "are going to be difficult," Underwood admits. "But it seems like this past year when I have time off they have away games...We're hoping the summer will be some nice time for us to spend consecutive days together."

http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylifestyle...carrie-u-201041

Thank you!! :)

Carrie Underwood Wants 'Big Hair' on Her Wedding Day

post-17383-1263291526_thumb.jpg

Carrie Underwood

Don't call Carrie Underwood a Bridezilla!

The newly engaged country singer has some simple requests when it comes time to tie the knot with her hockey player fiancé Mike Fisher. "[i want] a groom, good food and an open bar," Underwood, 26, tells PEOPLE on the red carpet at the People's Choice Awards at Los Angeles's Nokia Theatre.

She may not know who's designing her wedding dress yet – or have picked a wedding date – but Underwood has some thoughts about how she plans to look on her big day.

"I'm Southern," she says. "I like big hair and eyeliner. I want my wedding day to be me, so I'll probably be rocking some big hair and some eyeliner."

Underwood, who just released her third album Play On, will kick off her tour in March – but she has a strategy for staying in touch with Fisher while they're apart. "We're big texters," she says. "We talk on the phone. I-Chatting, I don't know what we'd do without it to be honest – and face time is the most important."

As for her fiancé, Underwood says, "he looks good in pictures – but he looks better in person."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20334962,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

Carrie Underwood & Mike Fisher: Clive Davis Couple

Carrie Underwood is all smiles sitting next to her fiance, hockey player Mike Fisher, during a 2010 Grammys party presided by Clive Davis, Sony Music’s chief creative officer, held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday night in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Carrie, who wore Jenny Packham again, performed a duet called “When Somebody Loves You” with crooner Harry Connick Jr. She also performed her hit song “Cowboy Casanova”.

Ms. Underwood is also expected to sing the national anthem in Miami at next Sunday’s Superbowl game.

January 30, 2010

post-17383-1264998914_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998908_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998897_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1264998938_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998944_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998950_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1264998963_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998970_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998976_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1264998989_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264998994_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264999000_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1264999013_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264999019_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1264999025_thumb.jpg

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/01/31/ca...ty-clive-davis/