Bellazon

Carrie Underwood
Thumbnail

• 5 weeks later...

Singer Carrie Underwood poses on the red carpet as she arrives at the 2009 Pre-Grammy Gala & Salute to Industry Icons event in Los Angeles on February 7, 2009. The event held on the eve of the 51st Grammy awards is presented by three-time Grammy winner Clive Davis and The Recording Academy and is attended by artists and industry VIPs in music, film and television.

post-17383-1234086269_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086275_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086282_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1234086289_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086296_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086305_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1234086313_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086320_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086329_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1234086339_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086350_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1234086361_thumb.jpg

Even Reese Witherspoon Can Be an Embarrassing Mom

She might be an Oscar-winning actress but to her two kids, Reese Witherspoon is sometimes, well, just embarrassing, she says in a new interview.

To illustrate her point, the actress tells the story to Parents magazine of taking her 9-year-old daughter Ava to see country star Carrie Underwood.

"She said, 'Mom I really appreciate you taking me to the concert, but will you please not embarrass me in front of Carrie Underwood by singing because she's a real singer and you're just, like a movie singer," says Witherspoon, who won a Best Actress Oscar for playing singer June Carter Cash in 2005's Walk the Line.

But apparently her vocal chops haven't impressed her daughter. "I love to sing around the house and in the car," she says, "but my daughter hates it."

Still, she appreciates that Ava and son Deacon, 5, see her as just their mom. "Realizing you're not anything special to the kids is always a great sort of reminder that you're just a regular person," the actress tells the magazine, which hits newsstands Feb. 17. "A regular embarrassing old mom."

The kids however, haven't seen Mommy at the multiplex. "They know what I do for a living – that I'm an actress," she says. "But they haven't seen any of my movies. Yet."

Witherspoon, a self-described working mother, says her acting schedule, while very demanding at times, allows her the freedom to peek in on the kids at school. "I do get to be there for school fairs, plays ... It's so shocking to see my children in school having an entire life without me."

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20258003,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

Carrie Underwood Bonds with Her Hockey Beau's Parents

post-17383-1236147178_thumb.jpg

Carrie Underwood (left) and boyfriend Mike Fisher

Things are getting serious between Carrie Underwood and her boyfriend, Ottawa Senators hockey player Mike Fisher: The singer is already spending quality time with his parents!

Underwood, who was first linked with Fisher in January, spent a cozy dinner Saturday night with Fisher, his mom and dad, and a few friends at Fratelli, an upscale Italian restaurant in the Kanata section of Ottawa, shortly after the 25-year-old country singer cheered on Fisher at his hockey game.

During the dinner, the couple "seemed incredibly happy. They seem made for each other," says a source, who added that the dinner "was very low-key. They sat at a private table and did their own thing."

The dinner took place shortly after Underwood rooted for Fisher, the Ottawa Senator’s center, from a private VIP box at the Scotiabank Center. Underwood, who first publicly cheered on Fisher last month, shared the luxury box with his parents and a few others. Unfortunately she wasn't the team's good-luck charm: The Senators lost 4-3 in overtime against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The previous day the pair spent an intimate afternoon shopping at the Rideau Center, an upscale mall in downtown Ottawa. Fisher dutifully accompanied Underwood to BCBG and Sephora.

"They looked very in love," says BCBG manager Paula Khoury. "She's very tiny and he's very tall, but they looked good together and very smitten."

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262626,00.html

Badgley Mischka Taps Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria

Badgley Mischka celebrates two decades of glamour with an Annie Leibovitz-shot ad campaign featuring Carrie Underwood, Eva Longoria, Brooke Shields, Lauren Hutton and Anjelica Huston.

Eva commented on the experience, “Badgley Mischka is an iconic brand and to be able to celebrate their twentieth anniversary with them is an honor for me.”

The campaign will debut in April issues of monthly fashion magazines.

post-17383-1236240336_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1236240350_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1236240360_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1236240371_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1236240383_thumb.jpg

Source: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/03/04/ba...d-eva-longoria/