Bellazon

Sante d'Orazio

Vogue Girl

Biography:

Sante D’Orazio is an American photographer known for his celebrity portraiture, most notably images of nude supermodels and actresses. Like Peter Lindbergh and Herb Ritts, D’Orazio infuses his images with an overt sensuality. His book Sante D’Orazio: Barely Private(2009), captures private moments while on photo shoots, through the artist’s negatives, magazine spreads, Polaroids, and notations from 1997¬–2008. “My process of working is that I don’t create a picture, I find it,” he has explained. Born on January 23, 1956 in Brooklyn, NY, D’Orazio studied painting at Brooklyn College before pursuing a career as a commercial photographer. Early in his career, he worked alongside Lou Bernstein, the renowned photographer and member of New York’s Photo League of the late 1930s and 1940s. D’Orazio notably got his start working in fashion editorials thanks to Andy Warholwho hired him for Interview magazine in 1981. The artist has gone to exhibit with Haus der Kunst in Munich, Stellan Holm Gallery in New York, and Camera Work in Berlin, among others. He continues to live and work in New York, NY.

artnet.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...