Bellazon

Lauren Hutton
Thumbnail

srepac

I love Way Bandy's work with make up, I can always tell when he's done Ms Hutton's make up , he's got a flare with colours or something. Whatever it was it was magic. Irving Penn is a brilliant photographer , his black and whites are amazing. When you work with the best, you get the best. A big thanks Mizz Elin, you're the best. :Angel:

Lauren Hutton in Calvin Klein, photographed by Francesco Scavullo for American Vogue 1974.

post-56105-0-29118100-1371238714_thumb.j

Lauren Hutton wears a simple blouson jacket, mannish pleated trousers cinched with a silk tie, and a clean, white top. The styles may have changed but the adjectives have followed Calvin Klein’s work through three decades. ‘I made a lot of things that go with things,’ said Klein, whose sophisticated sportswear in natural fabrics and colours came to define the versatility of modern fashion. In the 1970s, Klein produced branded jeans, thereby creating the modern-day designer label as a branding tool. Klein is also known for his clever marketing: when a young Brooke Shields purred sexily in his adverts, ‘Nothing comes between me and my Calvin’s’, it scandalized New York and ensured fame for Klein—as did the pin-up, billboard posters for his men’s and women’s underwear in the 1980s. Klein is often credited as being most in tune with the Zeitgeist and therefore most capable of understanding what the modern woman wants to wear.

- Phaidon Editors, 1998

Wow 1974 , I remember that year so very much. That was the year I started my hair school/training which started my love for fashion and anything to do with beauty. And this picture with it's designer and model plus the photographer , they played a big role in my fashion " anything". Thanks for lettin me flashback OMG . You've wowed me again Mizz Elin. thanks :woot: