Bellazon

Fernando Alonso
Thumbnail

peyt

• 2 weeks later...

New video of Fernando Alonso:

To celebrate its drivers' upcoming birthdays, ING Renault F1 Team has interviewed Fernando and Nelson and would like to offer you some off-track insight into their personalities.

And if you want to hear him speak in French:

Part 1

Part 2

30 July 2008

Alonso hopes to stay in F1 for another 10 years

While a few years ago double world champion Fernando Alonso could never see himself in Formula 1 for that many years the Spaniard now said he changed his feeling and admitting he loves the sport too much to quit it at an early age.

Speaking to The Telegraph Alonso admitted: "I still love this sport. There are ups and downs. The good moments are hard to forget. I can't get those feelings from anything else in life. It is true that two or three years ago I was thinking I would not stay that long in F1 like Michael did. I started at 19 with Minardi. Back then I was thinking that 19 or 20 years in F1 would be too many. F1 can sap your energy so I was thinking I did not want to lose my life to F1.

"Now my opinion has changed. I'm 26 and thinking, 'why not another 10 or 11 years?' I want more success and I'm ready to spend the time needed to get that success back."

"My present position has perhaps helped people on the outside appreciate better what I have achieved in Formula One, people from my country. The fans in Spain arrived new to Formula One because the sport was not well established there. Now I think they understand how difficult it was to get the results. Now is a time to recover and build the motivation again in everybody.

"At times it seems that I'm the only person thinking like this. But I know that Schumacher won two titles with Benetton, then for five years at Ferrari failed to win. I failed to win at McLaren and this year there is no possibility of victory, but that is only two years. Hopefully next year I will be a title contender again. I have plenty of time and my ambition is to win more world championships."

/GPUpdate.net/

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I don´t know if you know it, but there a lot of rumours Fernando will went ot Ferrari - here a foto with his - maybe future teammate - Felipe Massa!!!

30058925.jpg

Who they´re waiting for?????

post-31014-0-1445994214-14643_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

fernandoalonsoandexwife.jpg

Alonso confirms divorce

Double World Champion Fernando Alonso and Raquel del Rosario have confirmed that they have decided to end their marriage.

The 30-year-old Ferrari driver and del Rosario, lead singer of Spanish pop band El Sueno de Morfeo, tied the knot in 2006 but have now decided to go their separate ways.

A statement issued by the couple on Tuesday said: "After five years of marriage, we have decided to end our relationship as a couple. This has been a very though about [sic] and mutual decision. We are separating from marriage, but never as friends, and there is still a very strong affection and mutual admiration to ensure the happiness of the other.

"With this statement, addressed to all who follow our careers, we wish to bring an end to any speculation. With it, we ask that the media respects our personal lives which, as you know, we have always been keen to protect. With love - Raquel and Fernando"

• 1 month later...