Bellazon

Raúl González Blanco
Thumbnail

Dama Fashion_ista

Raúl on Onda Cero

"We've recovered the team's values"

Raúl said on radio programme Al Primer Toque that Saturday's clash with Zaragoza "will be the most important game of the League." The captain pointed out that criticism will be silenced if they win the League. "I'm sure many critics will be silenced if we win," he said.

"We are in a privileged position to become League champions," he added, "We must win every game because Sevilla and Barcelona will do too. We've recovered the team's values in our last few games. We are now a strong, proud and united team. We've realised we are capable of achieveing great things this way."

"I'm happy on the team. I hope to be this happy on Saturday after the game," he said. When asked about the possibility of Ronaldinho's red card being rescinded this weekend, Raúl bluntly answered, "He was sent off, but I'm not worried if he plays of not. I only think about Zaragoza."

The captain also praised Fabio Capello's work. "He is one of the people responsible for making this a leading team. We didn't play well at first, but the atmosphere at the Club and on the squad gradually changed throughout the season."

Concerning his future, Raúl pointed out he still has three more years on his contract and that he will make a decision when he sees them through. Nevertheless, he said he wants to "carry on playing. My legs will be alright, but we'll have to see how my mind is."

He didn't avoid talking about Real Madrid's future. "I don't believe in revolutions and I think the core of the team next season will be this year's squad. Some important players will leave us, such as Roberto Carlos. He's been one of the best foreign players this team has ever had and he should be carried off the field on people's shoulders."

To finish off, Raúl commented on the Spanish Olympic Committee's decision of writing lyrics for the Spanish national anthem. "It would make me very happy if the national anthem is given lyrics."

He also gave his opinion on the controversy surrounding Barcelona's Xavi for supposedly forcing a fifth booking in the first Spanish game, allowing him to return to Barcelona as he wouldn't be able to play the next Spanish fixture. "It's silly to think they did that. Every player on the national team defends the country's interests and I doubt any of them would pull such a stunt."

Zaragoza vs. Real Madrid

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López, Adán.

Defenders: Ramos, Cicinho, Cannavaro, Helguera, Marcelo, Roberto Carlos, Torres.

Midfielders: Guti, Gago, Diarra, Robinho, Beckham, Emerson, Reyes.

Forwards: Raúl, Higuaín, Van Nistelrooy.

REAL MADRID 2- REAL ZARAGOZA 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS RUUD :hug:

BARCELONA 2 - ESPANYOL 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEVILLA 0 - MALLORCA 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAL MADRID LEADERS OF LA LIGA WITH 1 GAME LEFT @ THE BERNABEU AGAINST MALLORCA!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: :angel:

FOOTBALL LIKE THIS CAN BRING A 22 YEAR OLD LIKE ME TO AN EARLY GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PICS 2MORO!

REAL MADRID 2- REAL ZARAGOZA 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS RUUD :hug:

BARCELONA 2 - ESPANYOL 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEVILLA 0 - MALLORCA 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAL MADRID LEADERS OF LA LIGA WITH 1 GAME LEFT @ THE BERNABEU AGAINST MALLORCA!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: :angel:

FOOTBALL LIKE THIS CAN BRING A 22 YEAR OLD LIKE ME TO AN EARLY GRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PICS 2MORO!

I couldn't agree more. I'm 19 but I feel as if I going at the rate of a 60 year old with all this drama going on.

I didn't even get to see the end of the game. I couldn't bring myself to watch the last fifteen minutes so I turned off the tv and then turned it on in time to see the final results and I couldn't believe it!

Just 1 more game! I'm so excited! :D