Bellazon

Natasha Poly
Thumbnail

sedirea

EXCLUSIVE: L’Oréal Paris Inks A Deal With Natasha Poly

Since making her grand entrée into the world of high fashion with a turn on the Emanuel Ungaro runway in 2004, there’s been no stopping Natasha Poly. The Russian-born beauty with the almondine eyes and high cheekbones has walked for everyone who is anyone and nabbed campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana, Alberta Ferretti, Givenchy, Jil Sander, and Gucci fragrances in the process. But as far as Poly’s concerned, she’s only just made it big. “I’ve been doing modeling for almost ten years and I’ve been working so hard to reach this moment,” she says of being named L’Oréal Paris’ newest spokesperson. “My dream came true. I’ve reached a point where I can actually send a message to people, saying to them, ‘You’re worth it—we’re worth it.” A L’Oréal user since early childhood—”my first exposure was the shampoos. The quality and the smell was so special,” she recalls—her first major beauty contract has perhaps been a long time coming; Poly wanted to be a professional makeup artist before she took up the catwalk full time. “I’ve always loved cosmetics and I always need to have my products backstage at fashion shows,” she says, products like L’Oréal’s Color Riche Lipstick in Red and its Voluminous Million Lashes Extra-Black mascara. “I curl my eyelashes and then apply this mascara; it really opens up the eyes.”

Poly’s first order of business for the French brand will be serving face time for its cult-classic Elnett hair spray—a fashion week essential—and its Preference hair color collection. An acolyte of Paris-based colorist Christophe Robin, Poly has been dyeing her hair varying shades of flaxen for the past five years and is diligent about post-dye job maintenance. “In my emergency kit, I have a mask from Kérastase,” she admits, mentioning that haircare and skincare are “the most important stuff” when it comes to keeping up appearances. “It’s my job—I always need to look good,” she says—even when she has to walk in back-to-back shows in four different cities. To keep her face from showing the wear and tear of the extra mileage, Poly swears by L’Oréal’s Youth Code Lumière. “It refreshes your skin. I massage it in every morning.”

Product swag aside, Poly is just generally excited to be a part of team L’Oréal, which already includes fellow supermodels Doutzen Kroes, Bianca Balti, Claudia Schiffer, Liya Kebede, and Barbara Palvin. “It’s beauty that’s approachable to everyone,” she says of the brand’s reach, “and it’s giving power to women of the world to be iconic and powerful and confident.” Watch the behind-the-scenes video for Poly’s first campaign above, and look out for her on the Versace runway tonight.

—Celia Ellenberg

style.com

NATASHA POLY FOR L'ORÉAL PARIS

Natasha Poly has taken the fashion world by storm. After winning a modeling competition in Moscow at the age of 15, she made her catwalk debut in 2004 with Emmanuel Ungaro.

Since the Fall 2004–Winter 2005 season, her talent and determination have led her to appear in shows for more than 54 fashion houses, including leading international brands such as Jean Paul Gaultier, Yves Saint Laurent, Roberto Cavalli, Chanel and Valentino. Discovered by Carine Roitfeld, then Editor of French Vogue, Natasha Poly has appeared on the cover of the magazine a record-breaking seven times. She has been a Calvin Klein icon, a Victoria’s Secret angel, and, in 2009, was selected by US Vogue as one of the top-models ‘of the moment’. Today L’Oréal Paris is thrilled to welcome her as an international Spokesperson.

“Natasha has a magnetic beauty that has established her major presence on the fashion scene in just a few years. Stunningly beautiful, our new Russian icon has a glamorous, edgy sense of style, complemented by a striking personality. I am thrilled to welcome one of the world’s most talented Super Models who has truly made her outstanding destiny”, says Cyril Chapuy, Global Brand President of L’Oréal Paris. At 25, Natasha’s story is a special one. She has followed a unique path that has taken her from her childhood in the small city of Perm near the Urals to international fashion stardom. “It’s not a coincidence that I’ve taken on this role with L’Oréal Paris. Before becoming a model, I dreamed of being a professional makeup artist! I’ve always loved cosmetics and I always need to have my L’Oréal Paris products backstage at fashion shows” explains Natasha Poly. “Color Riche lipstick and Elnett hair spray are iconic products for me, and I’m so excited to be representing them”.

Natasha joins the L’Oréal Paris family which includes many elite Super Models such as Doutzen Kroes, Bianca Balti, Claudia Schiffer, Liya Kebede and Barbara Palvin, as well as international stars like Gwen Stefani, Patrick Dempsey, Jane Fonda, Hugh Laurie and Beyoncé Knowles.

mynewsdesk.com

Natasha Poly and Anja Rubik Involved in a Crazy Brawl with Angel Jessica Hart

Let's see. A brawl that broke out this weekend at Double Seven in the Meatpacking District, and it starred lots of models and lots of high profile male socialites. Let's try to break down the players and the scant details available to see if that helps us understand how this very elite crew found themselves embroiled in such an unsavory incident.

CAST

JESSICA HART: Victoria's Secret model

NATASHA POLY: Top editorial model

ANJA RUBIK: Top editorial model

VALENTINA ZELYAEVA: Top editorial model

PETER BAKKER: Natasha Poly's husband, Dutch businessman

ADAM HOCK: Businessman

STAVROS NIARCHOS: Jessica Hart's boyfriend, former Paris Hilton beau

PIERRE CASIRAGHI: Prince of Monaco, son of Princess Caroline, grandson of Grace Kelly, friend of Stavros Niarchos

VLADIMIR RESTOIN ROITFELD: Son of Carine Roitfeld

-

Natasha, Anja, Valentina, Peter, and Adam were seated together at Double Seven around 2 AM this Saturday.

Jessica approached, started taunting the other models.

The situation somehow escalated into a full-blown fight. For some reason, Hock ended up punching Casiraghi, Niarchos, and Roitfeld, possibly breaking Casiraghi's jaw (the Prince was rushed to the hospital) and was later charged with four counts of assault.

Outside of the club, seemingly after everything went down, someone overheard Jessica flipping her middle finger and screaming at Natasha: “Your husband’s a loser! F—k you!”

Last night, Jessica Hart sent out two Tweets, presumably commenting on the situation:

Jessica Hart @1JessicaHart

Ha! Its going to be so pleasurable when the truth does come out and he's exposed as the freaky liar he is.

Jessica Hart @1JessicaHart

Although, I have to say, I am getting a little pleasure watching him run to the press, squirming and lying in desperation.

source: NY post via Fashion Spot :wave: