Bellazon

Fabio Cannavaro
Thumbnail

Georgik

Real Madrid vs. Valencia

GOALKEEPERS: Casillas & Diego López

DEFENDERS: Ramos, Cicinho, Helguera, Cannavaro, Pavón, Marcelo, Salgado & Torres

MIDFIELDERS: Guti, Gago, Diarra, Robinho, Raúl, Reyes & Beckham

STRIKERS: Higuaín, Cassano & Van Nistelrooy

Cannavaro, Torres and Salgado

"We had great team spirit; the fans helped us immensely"

The Madrid dressing room was ecstatic win the victory over Valencia. The win over Quique Sánchez Flores' team puts the Madridistas in the second spot of the table and puts pressure on on their arch rivals -Sevilla and Barcelona- who play on Sunday.

TORRES: “We love having the chance to win the League”

“Beating Valencia was crucial, and we did it by playing very well, especially in the first half. I want to congratulate all my teammates for their great work.”

“We just had to stick to the basics. We were playing at home in front of our fans. If you add the quality of each of our players to the desire to put on your best performance, the result is an excited to ready to win the League.”

“We were patient in attack and moved the ball from one side to the other. The play that culminated with the goal was very pretty. Everyone knows how good Ruud is, and today he proved it.”

CANNAVARO: "Another final awaits next Sunday"

“We always have to come out focused because this is a very difficult League. We can't slip up. Another final awaits next Sunday. We have two days off but have to start thinking about Athletic as soon as Tuesday rolls around. We want the title.”

“I felt better during this game. Honestly, that goes for the last three. I am happy because I am playing well.”

“We had our heads in the game. We knew it was a hard match against a difficuly team. They play well and have very talented players. We are happy, but we have to think about the next training session.”

“The goal was incredible. I would like to congratulate Van Nistelrooy. He's a great forward. It was amazing.”

MICHEL SALGADO: “We'll keep up the pressure until the end”

"It was an very important win against a great rival. We had great team spirit and the fans helped us immensely. It was a good match and we had several scoring chances. We suffered at the start of the second half, but we attacked more after the equaliser and were able to score.”

“We did our work and now we have to see if our rivals slip up. We will keep the pressure up until the end. I am sure we will have the chance to cut into their lead. We need to stay united. We can do something important with this attitude.”

Real Madrid president: I don't want Cannavaro to leave

tribalfooball.com - April 23, 2007

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has declared he wants Fabio Cannavaro to stay next season.

Cannavaro has been linked with a return to Italy and Calderon says: "I do not know if he will be here or not next season, it is a decision for the coaches. But in my way of thinking, to see him leave would be a pain. He is now becoming acclimatised and next season he will be far better. I would like that he remains."

Asked about Raul's situation, Calderon added: "He is a symbol. Not only by the titles he's won, but because he represents the values that have made this club great: he fights, is committed and has tenacity. He can do what he wants, leave if therefore he wishes to or remain. He has gained that opportunity because there have been few players as important as he."