Bellazon

Batman & Robin (1997)

Michael*

Wwdvtp8.jpg

Batman & Robin
Release Date: 20 June 1997
Director: Joel Schumacher

Synopsis
This superhero adventure finds Batman and partner Robin attempting to the foil the sinister schemes of a deranged set of new villains, most notably the melancholy Mr. Freeze, who wants to make Gotham into an arctic region, and the sultry Poison Ivy, a plant-loving femme fatale. As the Dynamic Duo contends with these bad guys, a third hero, Batgirl, joins the ranks of the city's crime-fighters.

Cast
George Clooney - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Chris O'Donnell - Robin/Dick Grayson
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Mr. Freeze/Dr. Victor Fries

Uma Thurman - Poison Ivy/Dr. Pamela Isley
Alicia Silverstone - Batgirl/Barbara Wilson
Michael Gough - Alfred Pennyworth
Pat Hingle - Commissioner James Gordon
John Glover - Dr. Jason Woodrue
Elle Macpherson - Julie Madison
Vivica A. Fox - Ms. B. Haven
Vendela Kirsebom Thomessen - Nora Fries
Elizabeth Sanders - Gossip Gerty
Jeep Swenson - Bane

Selection of comments from IMDB's user reviews and ratings section... :rofl:

"This is hands down the worst film ever made in the history of the existence of the universe."

"This is the worst superhero movie of all time. Having George Clooney play Batman is like having Pauly Shore play James Bond."

"It's hard to believe that money was spent to make this."

"This movie is so bad that murderers have been found guilty and had their sentences reduced after arguing that what they did may have been bad, but at least they didn't make Batman and Robin."

"BATMAN & ROBIN will make you lose all faith in Hollywood, and indeed humanity as a whole."

"I know that there has to be some justice in this life, and everyone will pay for their sins and crimes someday. I shudder to think what will happen to Joel Schumacher for killing the "Batman" franchise."

"Honestly, I don't understand why people rambled on about this movie being garbage. I actually really enjoyed it."

This undoubtedly veered beyond 'so bad it's good' territory, but there's something oddly endearing about a film that fails on every imaginable level, isn't there? The fact that nobody involved in the making of it realised that it was a terrible idea is quite funny too. :laugh: