Bellazon

Ronaldo Lima
Thumbnail

PALERMO - MILAN

KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Bruscagin, Darmian, Favalli, Grimi, Simic.

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Bottini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

RONIE'S WAY

Ronaldo is working hard and has his sights on Palermo and Chievo

MILANELLO - Ronaldo spoke in an interview Milan Channel at the end of afternoon training.

- Ronie, how do you think Milan did in Glasgow?

‘Well. We had our opportunities to win. I cheered the team on from home. We could have even won. We hope to see goals and that everything goes well in the return leg.’

- On Sunday night against Sampdoria, after the Oddo was shown a red card you played for a long time as the only striker…

‘Yes, him being thrown of the field was a surprise. We started with the right mindset, then with one man down it became a bit more difficult. Not just for me, but for the whole team. The important thing was to not concede a goal and not lose control of the game. Then when it was Samp’s turn to play in ten, things got a bit easier.’

- Did you celebrate Ambro’s goal?

‘Yes, it was a brilliant goal. We fought hard and deserved to win.’

- What do you think about Serie A now compared to five years ago?

‘It’s the same. Lots of hits, lots contrasts. But, that’s normal. Serie A is well known and is considered tough.’

- Did you suffer an particularly serious hits against Sampdoria?

‘No, I only leaned on my knee in the wrong way when one of the opponents was sliding. Today I’ve already received treatment and there are no problems. Now, we must think about playing two good games against Palermo and Chievo.’

- How is the pact with president Berlusconi to return to number one coming along?

‘Good. I am on my way back. I am working really hard here at Milanello, hours and hours of really important work. With the right attitude and hard work, I think that next year will be a lot of fun.’

- What do you think about being compared to Van Basten?

‘I don’t believe in comparing players from different eras. Everyone has their own special skills. However, in general, it makes me happy because Van Basten was one of the greatest players in the history of football.’